Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Where To Find Info On Higher Graded Proof Coins.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 560Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
79 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2021  7:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 2rtgah678 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i have yet to find the value for very high PR and PL coins. like PR/PL 68 and higher. cause I see that coinsandcanada only goes to PR/PL 67. cause there is some high proof graded dimes ive been looking at but I like to see what there true value is before purchasing them. if you can tell me what there worth these are the coins. PR69 UHC 1987 dime and a PL69 UHC 1967 dime if not can you tell me a website or somewhere I can find the values for the coins. thank you.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
766 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2021  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tripoli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are very few examples graded in that range, so it makes finding pricing data difficult. You might look on the PCGS registry for auction results, which will probably reference Heritage or Stacks Bowers in the USA. Considering how infrequent these examples trade, you are probably better off nurturing a relationship with a high end dealer who has handled these coins in the past, as they would have a better pulse on the market.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1884 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2021  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
who graded them that high is very important.
Valued Member
Canada
79 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2rtgah678 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
both of the coins have been graded by NGC
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8624 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2021  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They give out 69's like lollipops.
Make sure you see these coins in hand first.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2021  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check eBay sold listings.
Valued Member
Canada
79 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2021  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2rtgah678 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a pic of the 1987 dime. the seller is asking 47$CAD including shipping.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1181 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
562 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  02:10 am  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would sell you the whole set (at least PR-67) in it's original box for that price !!!! There are some on ebay - the same coin but with the whole setcheaper than that. Why pay for an NGC opinion for a number one higher than issued, that they would probably give you if you sent one in from the set you buy.

That price is ridiculous - watch out for shill bidding. I have followed 2 very large sellers that always seem to have all the NGC 69 and 70's, from Canadian proof sets, and have followed strange bidding.

Don't rely on NGC grading on Canadian coins. They have inflated the grade number to rope in unwitting collectors. I very rarely saw a Canadian regular coin graded higher than MS-66, until NGC started slabbing Canadian coins, (I'm 71), and now they keep pouring out like water. The other TPG's have started to inch up also. Have a 63 that was slabbed in 1990's ? Resubmit it now and it's a 65/66. I've seen so many coins graded by them as 64/65/66 that I would think would maybe, on a good day, in the shade, just maybe make 63 (over 55 years of collecting). I was collecting before slabbing when there were no numbers used, and grades were just marked G/VG/F/VF/EF/AU/UNC/BU - each coin in a group would be the same price; what is now VF-20 cost the same as a VF-35. A BU could be from 60 to anything higher, all at the same cost. You learned quickly to grade yourself.

Don't pay anymore for a 68/69 than a 67. And make sure it really is a 67 (I've seen obvious marks on an NGC 68).

Edited by TerryT
10/04/2021 02:22 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1037 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  02:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with TerryT. I do not collect them, but if you are going to pay for hyper-grade proof moderns, know how the different TPGs grade them and see them in hand. JMHO.
Edited by bosox
10/04/2021 02:15 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4040 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You CAN NOT believe the prices from CaC. They are highly inflated, much the same as NGC with Canadian stuff. I don't think that there is ANYTHING put out by the RCM that PCGS would even grade a 69, let alone a 70. You're throwing good money after bad.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1181 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You CAN NOT believe the prices from CaC. They are highly inflated,

The price from CaC is for average auction prices, so explain to me how they are highly inflated?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4040 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, when you look at the "Prices" page and how they get their "values" it says auctions, publications, trends, etc. Just like Charlton and trends greatly overvalue what they list, what I've seen of "values" on CaC is 30-40% high and evn more when you get to the mid to upper 60's level. NGC is as bad as the old Florida dealer as far as grading or pricing.
Learn More...
Canada
9957 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS is much stingier with PR70 grades than other grading companies. I'd pay a premium for a PR-70 graded from PCGS, but not necessarily from anywhere else.

As an aside, I have never see an ICCS coin graded proof higher than PF-68, has anyone else?
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8624 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The price from CaC is for average auction prices, so explain to me how they are highly inflated?
That's only partially true, most prices are arrived at by extrapolation and speculation.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 560Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: