Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Princetane's 3,000 Posts Super Giveaway To You!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 146 / Views: 5,903Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3850 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  01:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My pleasure - that one is, if coins could talk, you would be very lucky.

A real circulated piece and honestly thats the average condition of most 1914 Australian Florins, these were heavily used coins!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3850 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mchsilling has his coin too.

That halfcrown maybe one of the most travelled coins of all time. It came from AndyG in England to me in March and then over to you in the USA. Its travelled more than most people in the time of covid.

That means 6 of the 11 have arrived and to Northern Hemisphere places too.

I now feel sorry for Kena and Loonielewy and Australia Post have some "splainin" to do!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5986 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It came from AndyG in England to me in March and then over to you in the USA.

It doesn't make any difference except for miles traveled I'm in Northern Ontario Canada.

Thanks again.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3848 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  05:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well we have a few people that will be relieved to know the envelope from Pricetane has arrived today. Thank you very much Princetane for the lovely coins you have bestowed on us.

First Loonies coin.

Then Kena's coins.
Prinetane gave you extra, as your coin was small.

Common obverse

And my coin.

Thanks again Princetane. Much appreciated.:)

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
979 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  06:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. I really like that Florin. It's the 1st one to make it to my collection. George looks out of place to me without a crown. Just lovely. Thank you Princetane, and Steve.

PS. The other coins are nice as well.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Edited by loonielewy
12/07/2021 06:26 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1587 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  06:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks Princetane for my prizes. The waiting has been worth it.
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3850 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great photos Steve!

Kena, you coins were the 2 x 50 cents, I felt these two as nice as they are, we worth a lot less than the other prizes and added the 6d from the major prize lot. That 6d coin is AU and very scarce in that shape. It is worth around $50 - $100 in NZ and a very collectible coin.

Steve - Glad you like the Bimetallic one and its a unique design, again when I brought it, I had to buy 2, needed just 1 - so glad it reached someone who collects modern NZ as well.

Loonielewy - Your Florin is an interesting story. I had just spent a bit of money getting an EF 1929 Florin and then brought a collection off a friend and in this collection of mostly pennies and worn base metal coins was 3 or 4 silver coins including an EF/aEF 1929 British Florin - I loved it but would have loved it more had it been a different date! So now you can love it.

As for the uncrowned head, for George V only the coins of the UK had him uncrowned, the crowns disappear with the next reign.

Absolutely thrilled this stuff is arriving in time for Christmas and hope everyone else gets their gift very soon!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12094 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  01:25 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was finally able to take some photos of the coins today. Unfortunately, they didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped because my "setup" isn't so good with small coins. No matter, the coins are excellent and they more than double New Zealand's representation in my collection! Many thanks, again, Princetane.

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3850 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  03:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you like them, those coins were extras I brought in a big lot and a couple of pre upgrades. They are all highVF to low EF (XF - AU in your neck of the woods) and nice pieces.

Besides you added a whole lot of mojo to my American collection, I mean a 1863 Cupro nickel cent and all those beautiful 2020 coins, the 40% Bicentennial set (Got them out yesterday and they are still beautiful!).

You deserve those coins dude!

Now I realise a couple of you have not received yours yet, I hope they arrive soon for you.
Edited by Princetane
12/08/2021 10:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
506 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
23 days after being postmarked, it's here! Photos soon. Thank you, @Princetane!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2530 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A package arrived at my house today as well containing two beautiful commemorative $2 coins. Thank you Princetane.
Pillar of the Community
United States
506 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well worth the wait! Thank you again!!

I am quite fond of these coins. Imagine how many pubs they've passed through and how many stories they have to tell.

Here's the first of two, 1894 half crown.

Edited by halfamind
12/09/2021 9:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
506 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And here is the second...

Edited by halfamind
12/09/2021 9:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2920 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you got the mystery prize! Awesome prize's Princetane. You went all out with this milestone contest!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3850 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2021  02:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Halfamind, that was the mystery prize. I call it "Mother and son wearing each other down".

Seriously two historic and well used pieces that make nice conversation pieces.
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 146 / Views: 5,903Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: