Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do You Think I Can Sell This Ridb For Enough To Buy A Coin Microscope?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 1,541Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
385 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  08:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

Really want to pick up my game and buy a coin microscope. Do not have alot of money so wondering if you think I could sell this for enough money to buy a good coin microscope.

Which microscopes do you recommend?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
42786 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope,not even a $20 scope.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
501 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would recommend a loupe over a microscope.

Overall it is more useful. You can use it for close up pics too.
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Edited by CentSation
10/05/2021 09:16 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
385 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Darn :( How do you use a loop for close up pictures?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8181 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your coin photography is good now, just use the camera's features to zoom in with areas of interest. And please remember to always show us both sides of your coin. Thanks.
ça va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
483 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Darn :( How do you use a loop for close up pictures?

Just stumbled upon your question. A loupe is great, at least for me, to use to take close up pics for questionable areas. I've found that they produce very clear and crisp pics if used and held appropriately in front of your phone camera lens with one hand while snapping the pic with your other hand. It takes some practice and patience to keep from moving around which creates blurriness but in time you can become pretty proficient. I use a 10x triplet lens style loupe for photography but a 5X would work fine too. Anything greater than a 10x is way too much magnification and then you have to hold it so close to the coin that it is about impossible to allow lighting into the area you are trying to photograph. Using the zoom feature on your phone, along with a loupe, is a winning situation IMHO. I'm a fan of the Belamo brand loupes. They are relatively inexpensive and are of great quality. Hope this helps.
CCF Advertiser
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EScottCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Cons,

Look at this. If it looks like something you'd actually use and enjoy I'll send you a brand new one compliments of EScottCoins.com. Please, if it's not something you'll actually use leave it for someone that will.

If you do want it just PM me and I'll make arrangements with you privately to get it to you.

Hope this is helpful!

Happy collecting....and keep searching!

E. J. Scott
Pillar of the Community
United States
2721 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, we don't see an offer like that every day.

Cons, it looks like your quest for a microscope just might be at an end.
(I sure hope Cons gets in touch with you. Very nice offer.)
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
501 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
" I'm a fan of the Belamo brand loupes."

Yes, served me well for years.

EDIT: Big shoutout to E Scott Coins for his generosity.

Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Edited by CentSation
10/06/2021 7:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1224 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool, Mr. Scott, there is no one, in the short time I've been on this site, that is more deserving.
-makecents-
CCF Advertiser
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EScottCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello friends,

Thank you so much for the nice comments!

I learned at a very young age that the one thing that people can't be taught is passion. My entire life I've done what little I'm able to support those that are passion driven. Cons "can I sell this so I can improve myself" touches me. I feel passionate people are what keeps anything human-based alive. Anyone with passion can and will learn and prosper. That's a win for everyone.

Also, I must say I really appreciate this site whenever I have the time to participate. I've been on many forums and it's so pleasant to see passionate people genuinely supporting passionate people, regardless of what they're passionate about. Good stuff!!! This is what keeps the hobby alive. The ego chasers gets old quickly for me.

Happy treasure hunting!

E. J. Scott

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5358 Posts
Valued Member
United States
483 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2021  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, what an extremely generous offer EScottCoins! I personally appreciate your compassionate and heartfelt attitude. The world would be a better place if more people adopted this mentality. I just looked at Cons profile in the attempt to email her to notify her of this but she does not accept emails. Hopefully she will check back in on this post!
Valued Member
United States
483 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2021  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also meant to add this..... Hey CentSation.... looks like it's about time to order a new Belamo....... I love my Belamos and have 4 different ones. Can't beat them!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
385 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2021  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow what a great offer by EScottcoins! I will definitely take up that offer!

Also, thank you for the loop suggestions, I will look into purchasing one.

merclover & makecents, nice comments, thank you :)
Edited by Cons
10/07/2021 12:22 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55455 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If your trying to save up for something, try this:

Quote:

Each time you get a $10 bill, set it aside. Save it for your purchase you desire. It's not as often you get this bill. So the hit won't be a strong to your budget. Set it aside for the desire you have. So when you can purchase it, the money will be there. .coop.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/07/2021 1:44 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 1,541Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: