Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 D Penny So Many Questions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 293Next Topic  
Valued Member
56 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2021  07:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jamcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not even sure where to start,
Is it a rim error? It's really high
Is it DDO? The 2 is what cought my eye at first
What's up with the fg? (Sorry for bad pictures having issues with it today)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1208 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2021  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is it a rim error? It's really high
From your pics, I can't tell what's going on with the rim.

Quote:
Is it DDO? The 2 is what cought my eye at first
If you are referring to what's inside the upper loop of the 2, that is part of the normal design. The rest of what you are seeing is master die doubling. Scroll down to the very last listing, this is extremely common. LINK https://doubleddie.com/384301.html

Quote:
What's up with the fg?
I don't see anything out of the ordinary, maybe just Die Deterioration.

-makecents-
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42745 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2021  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see you are a newer member. Your photos look like screen shots of a monitor, if so we do not encourage those. Most times the pics are not useful. Also, please properly crop and rotate photos before posting.Just food for thought.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
8156 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2021  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please NO screen shots! They are too pixelated to be of use. Please try using your phone's built in camera directly. Many times you can zoom in 5 or 6X, which is usually more than enough to show us what you have of interest. we really want to help you, but blurry photos prevent this. Keep trying. Coin photography isn't easy and can be very frustrating, but you'll get the hang of it in no time if you keep trying! Bonne chance!
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
56 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2021  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jamcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone. And thank you makecents . So its doubled but so are 70 percent and worthless. Wonderful. But the fg, it's very faint I was thinking maybe over greased. I'll take better pics in a bit, got to find it again
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64242 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2021  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And remember, you'll get more replies if you show your images right-side up.

to the CCF!
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 293Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: