Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Todays "5 Star" Find

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 244Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
403 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  01:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Skippy72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good morning. To day I received my very 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th star notes, all of which are of the One Dollar denomination and 4 of them being in sequence! Crazy. All are crisp and without a single crease.....
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41224 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice,did you look them up for print runs?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  05:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Texasstar12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome. I have become addicted to new coins and older.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3370 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  06:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds.
Printed in June 2019 in DC. A print run of 3,200,000.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61506 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds but not much value here I'm afraid.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15957 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excuse my lack of knowledge on currency notes , but I always wanted to know about all the hype with Star Notes . What does the star mean and what makes them sort after ?

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Learn More...
United States
104754 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41224 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1427 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
T-BOP
"SteveinTampa" answers your question in the thread below "Dumb question from a UK Newbie," here:
http://goccf.com/t/409011#3508100 br /

Star (replacement) banknotes typically have smaller print runs/release into circulation compared to regular non-star series notes. That's why some collectors collect Star notes but usually in high grades (AU to Gem-Unc). [Note: there are a few collectors out there who collect "star replacements" in circulated condition but only the scarcest of these (& in the best condition) would be worth a premium over face].

'John1' has provided a link to the star look up site b/c the larger the star print run, the less collectible the note is (smaller the run = the more collectible).
Edited by walk2dwater
10/13/2021 4:56 pm
Valued Member
United States
403 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1 actually I dont know much if anything about them other than what I read up on them as being replacement notes. These are new, in sequence and may be collectable for the right person. Ill hang onto them and maybe someday someone will be interested....
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 244Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05