Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Tai-Ching-Ti-Kuo Silver Coin.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 194Next Topic  

France
6 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  11:35 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Haixham13490 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
first of all, thank you for accepting me on your forum.
I am an amateur numismatist living in France. (so I use a translator hence my poor English).
I acquired about fifteen Asian coins in a lot of coins bought in an auction, about twenty years ago.

Can you help me authenticate them? there are so many fakes. I will obviously put one per post.
The first: TAI-CHING-TI-KUO SILVER COIN.
Diameter: 33mm
Weight: 11.1 grams
The coin responds to the magnet.

Thank you very much
Haixham

Learn More...
United States
21437 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@haix, your English is fine and your comment about the number of fakes is very true. I would consider any coin that is supposed to be silver, but is attracted to a magnet to be a fake.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
1240 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
See how the denticles (tooth-like devices around the rim) differ?
They appear as beads, then irregular & elongated, then square around the coin.
This is common among many lesser quality Chinese fakes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1240 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Take a good look at the beaded circle.
The beads have gaps, they are out of line, they have holes, some are blobs, etc.
All common among many lesser quality Chinese fakes.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 194Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: