Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2009 PL LC East Window Filled And Swelled Out, Is This A Die Chip?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 160Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
234 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  11:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found two of these in an uncirculated roll. The bottom half of the eastern top window is filled in and swelled outward. What would this be considered, was not sure if die break or a die chip or something else. It looks to fill just that part of the window exactly. Thanks in advance!

Edited by gsp193
10/17/2021 09:30 am
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a perfectly placed die chip being right there in the middle of the window. Since you found them in BU rolls you probably have two that were struck very close apart to one another with the same set of dies no doubt. I have found numerous die chips in the exact same spot, with the exact same markers, in BU rolls. Sometimes you can even follow the die stage progression if you have the patience (which you do....lol) on the coins you find in BU rolls that came from the same dies. Very cool no doubt!
Valued Member
United States
234 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bumpkin! Thats what I was thinking but was not sure! it just fit that window perfect! I appreciate it!
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 160Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: