Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pièce De 2 Cent Euro Rare

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 269Next Topic  

France
3 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  12:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hirao to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Good evening
Here is a very unique find, it is a 2 cent coin 2011 France having a world record of having a weight exceeding 3.25 grams ...
Indeed, the theoretical weight of the 2 cents is 3.06 grams, the upper tolerance threshold is 3.1977 grams, and my coin exceeds 6.2% or 0.19 grams above the theoretical weight and 2, 1% or 0.06 grams above the tolerance weight ... set at 4.5% from 3.06 grams ...
It's a world record ...
This coin has a density of 7.9 the other 2 cent coins according to their maximum and minimum weight have a variable density between 7.3 and 7.6. We can see that my coin is in pure copper steel. was able to test about fifty 2 cent coins and the weight index oscillates between 0.40 and 0.41 on all the coins tested including the 3.25 g.
There is something surprising about the coin as well, it is an optical illusion due to the weight of the coin ... it is also thanks to this optical illusion that it was spotted.
Yes, I didn't have to weigh 1,000 or 10,000 coins to find it, the find is made at the first touch, as soon as it is given to me in change.
The Paris Mint contacted me to tell me that after inquiring internally that it had never seen anything like it and that this coin is unpublished !!!
It's still grandiose that the coins of Paris respond. I know that they very rarely respond to messages from collectors, maybe because these collectors don't present things interesting enough ...
No collector has found a coin exceeding the tolerances ... from 2002 to 2012 unscrupulous collectors had fun selling coins that they passed off as heavy or light, without there being any standard on this subject. , in 2012 the CGB study was set up to stop these sales and all these little people withdrew their parts because they did not have a weight fault ...
Let's say weight is a pretty interesting search for parts at all times.
We often ask in sites the PDM its corresponds to P: Weight D: Dimensions M: Material, the weight as you can see is important since it is located in the first place in these initials.
Today I am the only one in the world with a heavy euro weight which is not faulty contrary to what you might think, since it has its own blank and it has the right dimensions.
The coin is authentic Jean-Claude Chort the view in the photo is believed to be authentic and Mr. Berriot Bernard, director of the Enotes chauffage site, the view for real and he was very intrigued by the fact that such a coin could exist. He also found it thick.
Diameter: 18.75 mm
Thickness: 1.67mm
Weight: 3.25 grams
Density: 7.9
Thanks for reading.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42786 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
France
3 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hirao to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks
Learn More...
United States
108361 Posts
France
3 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hirao to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks You very much
France
3 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hirao to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 2 cent to 3.25 gram coin has a rarity R10 on the George Fuld scale, which is only one existing copy.Thanks
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 269Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: