Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021-D Lincoln Shield Cent Possible DDR?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 649Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  8:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this today sorry about the not so great photos in advance.. however I was able to get some close up of the area in question.. the doubling looks to be appearing over the banner in the shield above cent. The first close up photo is above one on the shield and doesn't have doubling. The second close up shows no doubling above the C but doubling over E The other photos are of the possible doubled area above ENT in cent you opinions would be appreciated!

No doubling

No doubling above C, Doubling above E

Last photo above NT in cent
Edited by Decaf94drew
10/22/2021 9:56 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54651 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glare maybe hiding what you want us to see?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This is above NT in cent
Edited by Decaf94drew
10/22/2021 9:57 pm
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The area between the two appears raised thats as best I could get via photo other direction with my phone and magnifying glass create a giant white spot.
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same lighting conditions on a different non doubled Lincoln shield pulled the normal coin out of a Loomis roll this second to maintain same luster between coins and show that its not glare both photos of same area which is the NT in cent
Doubled one? Top

Normal cent bottom
Edited by Decaf94drew
10/22/2021 9:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3621 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by Tanman2001
10/22/2021 10:47 pm
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No cracks on his head or on the E appears to be different when looking at the crack that does run along the top of shield
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was that post that had me start searching for them through different batches of Lincoln cents I saved. Just so happens it's this group from today that is the only ones I've seen with it
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41993 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decaf94drew,
What are you using to take coin photos with? You will need to put a filter over your light source.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  04:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a mini led microscope I can attach to my phone for the super close up. I'll have to take new pics with the light diffused in the am after work
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alrighty bad news is my set up isn't giving the greatest photos yet I was able to get better ones with less glare. I would also like to note however I did run by my local coin shop and have them take a look at it I showed them tanman2001 photos (which were very helpful thank you!) And the dealers agreed it has the same type of doubling as the one in Cecilia's. However I'm thinking this may be a different die than the one hers was struck by so I'm going to send this off to wexler to solve this once and for all. Really open to opinions
However since I am still very new and learning!!!
Photos below

The Die Crack on the shield diverges from the top of the shield over the U instead of P like in tanman2001's photos
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54651 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too close doesn't help. Sure it looks larger, but it is really not really helpful. If it is a minor issue less interest is shown in them.

Case in point:
Minnesota DDR's. There are listings for 176 of them. Anyone collecting these? Probably not. But they are listed. Hard to sell for this item.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not trying to make big money just more or less contribute a new find to the community finished searching that roll found 10 total. I feel like if I could take better photos it would help a lot. They are extremely noticeable. Who knows maybe me and the dealer don't know what is what. However I'd risk 5 bucks for an attribution or a good lesson at least I'll know for sure. I'm just trying to soak up as much info and collect as much as I can
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And thank you coop for saying too close that fixed the problem!!!
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So does the new picture help?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3621 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  02:11 am  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doubling is remarkably similar to the one I looked at. Maybe an earlier die state before the die cracks formed?

Quote:
The Die Crack on the shield diverges from the top of the shield over the U instead of P

That photo is way too blurry to see any crack there. But seeing a clear photo of the crack at that magnification would let us make a good comparison and give a definite answer.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 649Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: