Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Global Shipping Program Coins Returned To Sender.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 519Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
157 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  7:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DouglasFir to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone had issues with coins purchased on eBay and shipped to Canada via the global shipping program had problems with them being returned to the sender? I had a some Washington quarters sent back to the sender with no reason explained. What have your experiences been?
Valued Member
Canada
139 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fefimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I myself have only had one purchase with the global shipping program and it went quite smoothly.
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had several packages returned. So no longer use the program. It's a problem with the eBay algorithm misinterpreting the regulations - it treats collector coins as cash. Customer service is an abyss.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1270 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same problem here, returned to seller. Quite frustrating, was listed as prohibited item. Something wrong in ebay land.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4075 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  12:16 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never an issue !
Valued Member
Canada
157 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DouglasFir to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the help everyone. I have only had one item returned to the seller, but other have shown up here just fine, this coin is a key date, and I'm hoping it will arrive with no issues. Pacificoin, I take it you have done many transactions with the global shipping program? I hope I'm not worrying too much here.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4075 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  12:49 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes lots of International transactions .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3609 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  07:48 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i had 3 sets of 1961 proof like sets, make it to the global centre, and then returned to the seller in Florida. Deemed a restricted item, when the seller got them back, I asked for them to be shipped USPS, I got them about 8 days later..
Valued Member
Canada
441 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ebay global shipping program is one of the worst methods. It ranks down there with UPS and FedEx. I always ask the seller to ship by USPS regular or with tracking. Yes the tracking works in Canada and it protects the seller if that's a concern.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1270 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  03:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
make it to the global centre, and then returned to the seller in Florida. Deemed a restricted item, when the seller got them back,

Had same problem with a dealer from Florida, he tried sending them to me twice via global shipping, both returned to seller.
Valued Member
Canada
58 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CAmint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used this program once and had no issues (except for the excessive shipping/import fees).
Valued Member
Canada
157 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2021  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DouglasFir to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, according to the global shipping program rules, coins are a prohibited item. Thanks a lot eBay. You've just ruined one of my only avenues collecting.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3609 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2021  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you will have to search for a seller who doesn't use the program, or ask the seller, if they can switch the auction/listing and ship usps.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
576 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've used the Global Shipping Program at least fifty times in the last few years. Had one package arrive empty but I blame that on the seller not packaging properly before he sent it to the centre. The GSP is a rip-off for Canadian buyers as import duties are seldom collected on regular shipping service coins below $400. There is one net benefit and it's big: having the GSP on your listing guarantees fewer bidders and a better chance for you to get a great coin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 519Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: