Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Robbed Again By Armaguard!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 276Next Topic  
Australia
14 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  08:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Today I found a 5 cent coin in an Armaguard $2 roll. Add that to the Thailand 1 baht and Great Britain new penny I got last month and I'm down nearly $6.

I feel sooo violated
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a similar issue with my bank, I have received many quarter rolls with a dime or nickel stuffed in them so I would bring them back and let them know. They take the full roll back and don't charge me for the fact that there was a lower denomination anymore because I brought up the fact that it is other customers doing this and I am just being honest. Not in the business of carrying 30Lb of coins around to make 20 a day. At first they were a little sceptical but came to realize they are the ones accepting these rolls from other customers so a daily honest customer should not be the one to loose out for being honest.

Though I have gotten many of rolls from other banks that had foreign currency but for the loss of 50-1$ not worth the hassle, just a risk of the hobby I suppose.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over many, many years of searching customer wrapped rolls, I've come across scores of foreign coins, a few washers, some car wash tokens, and even plastic play money. Rarely have had multiple occurrences in a single roll--just scattered here and there across thousands of rolls. Also, I've had undercounts and overcounts. Finding dimes in cent or nickel rolls is always a treat. Overall, think I've come out a ways on the plus side in terms of raw value. All part of hobby, yes.
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
Valued Member
Australia
201 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  02:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today I found a 5 cent coin in an Armaguard $2 roll

Yes, this happens way more often than it should given that the weight of a 5 cent coin is less than half that of a $2 coin. Not to mention the differences in diameter, thickness and colour!! Ridiculous and very annoying!! And of course 10 cent coins show up in one dollar rolls too.

I'd like a tour of the Armaguard coin rolling process to see just how this kind of thing is possible. When I tip a bucketful of 5 and 10 cent coins into the coin deposit machine at my local bank none of them ever get counted as $1 or $2 coins.

The only way I ever recoup any of my losses is when I find coins in the the reject tray left behind by previous users of the coin machine, even though the machine tells you on multiple occasions to check the reject tray for any uncounted coins. I guess some people don't count their coins before they deposit them and just believe the amount the machine tells them at the end. Of course coin machines are well known to swallow coins without crediting them to your total, but that happens a lot less often than it used to.

To the OP, I hope you find the occasional 2013 purple coronation $2 among those rolls you go through, otherwise financially it doesn't seem worth it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 276Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: