Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace Dollar Question

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 844Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
152 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2021  9:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I was comparing the two Peace dollars I had received and noticed that they look so close but don't at the same time... it was the inside of the R in TRVST that made me start looking closer. I'm wondering if it's just because of die state? The lighting messing with my eyes? Or if there actually is something different between the two( like coin 2 being doubled maybe?). In person it's not easy to see as is so I did my best to get photos I'm just curious why the strikes look different to me.. in the photos coin 1 will always be on top and coin 2 will always be on bottom.

1 on top 2 on bottom

1 on top 2 on bottom

1 on top 2 on bottom

These two where taken with 10x loupe and phone

If there are othere photos needed let me know. Like I said I would like to know why they look different is it my eyes playing tricks on me?
Edited by Decaf94drew
11/03/2021 11:27 pm
Valued Member
United States
389 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see a difference.

Let see what the experts conclude.
Valued Member
United States
154 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin number 2 appears to be a slightly softer strike to me.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42745 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  05:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice photos.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So the arrows in this photo below point to a higher spot on the letter R. Arrow A points towards the low spot next to the area that raises upwards more. Arrows B and C point to the higher raised spot. * it must be noted both coins have this HOWEVER coin 2 is more pronounced than coin 1*

The next ones try to show points of difference between the inside shape of the R. Coin 2 as always is on bottom. In person this was the most noticeable feature, on coin 2 this area isn't as curved as the corner in coin 1 is

Lastly another area of interest.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1835 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just sell the coin on eBay as a "rarity" and ask $1,000,000+ for it.
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also apologies for the recycled photos I'm trying to not open the capsuls unless I absolutely have to. So like I said if different images are needed I'll do them all at once. Later. As always than you everyone!
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaberwoke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to agree that there is a slightly lighter strike between the two.
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm doubting it's a softer strike the reverses strike looks normal to me between the two coins imo.. and the rims are both nicely developed like they should be, the coins don't exhibit weakness as would be expected but rather distortion in the shapes of the lettering what I'm thinking you may be seeing as a weak strike was a difference in a little light getting under my blocker, coin 1 had a little light seep under the blocker I had in place while coin 2 was truly lit only from the glass above reflecting the light downwards creating a little softer appearance in between the two... so I might need to reimage coin 1 to get the EXACT same lighting level and placement if weakness is actually suspected..
Edited by Decaf94drew
11/04/2021 6:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3112 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EXCELLENT Pictures......
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  04:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reverse/ different photos of words on the obverse on the way. Still thinking its not soft strike.. honestly
Edited by Decaf94drew
11/05/2021 04:17 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42745 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Milestone coming up,contest time
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1115 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dont see the difference but some things are just harder to see in photos.
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alright so here's a little update. Got photos front and back paired with their respective coins as well as a few close ups on my last area of interest. Is there anything actually going on around her lips and hair. The close ups will show it better. Both coin one and coin 2 have this same thing going on with the Lipa and hair.. however I have been noticing for some reason coin 2 keeps getting stuck in the capsul when I go to flip the coin I have to give it a little shake to get it to come out the capsul why would that be?

Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2021  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was checking the photos and decided to individually load a front and back for each to try and see if I could get better quality..hopefully they can be of use to someone someday I really do need to get a macro lense one of these days. Anyway your thoughts on the hair and it getting stuck in the capsul are appeciated!

Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2021  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaberwoke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decaf94drew.

Get them graded. The difference between them are not significant.
Edited by jaberwoke
11/06/2021 10:47 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 844Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: