Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1994 P Washington Quarter DDO / DDR Or MD

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 304Next Topic  
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2021  5:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add theend58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm just posting these here to see what the community thinks.

Doubling around mouth and chin

Doubling in the words "In God We Trust"

Doubling in the date 1994

Doubling in words "E Pluribus Unum"

Doubling on the branch and the arrows.

Doubling on the Wing and lower legs
Edited by theend58
11/12/2021 5:27 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64379 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would venture this is MD.

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
22021 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2021  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@the, first welcome to CCF. Second, yes that shelflike doubling looks like MD to me too.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5406 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
8202 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2021  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll cap this one off to say Machine Doubling as well. Four of us in agreement.

to the CCF! p.s.- very good photography too!
ša va bien aller

United States
46 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2021  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Detectorist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does Machine Doubling add value to the coin or is it a spender?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8202 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2021  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Total spender. Machine Doubling is damage, not an error.
ša va bien aller

United States
46 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Detectorist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Merclover just trying to learn here...I have been watching and looking at a lot of the error posts on this forum to try to learn the best I can...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55478 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2021  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the obverse there are at least two directions of Machine Doubling on that strike. (right side of motto and left side of the bust affected) So the machine was fairly loose when this coin was struck. (When looking at this through a scope, it makes it look huge, but really it is not that much movement on the machine. IE: Not like the machine was going to fall apart)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 304Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: