Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scam Averted: 1921-D 50c Walking Liberty Half Dollar

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 56 / Views: 1,879Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
8527 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  6:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
$4,035. May be the best deal I ever made for a coin. Thoughts? Thanks!

Edited by numismatic student
11/14/2021 6:42 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16503 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice but obverse is a little weak or just pic out of focus . Not sure about price , what grade did you buy it at ?

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
355 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's in the ballpark of AU50 money.

Numismaticstudent- Howcome you don't have better quality photos?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8527 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@T-Bop - seller never mentioned a grade. I wouldn't have paid any attention to it anyway.

@NFTW - these were the only photos provided by the seller. They are also the photos on which I based my decision. Pictures look perfectly fine to me.
Edited by numismatic student
11/14/2021 7:26 pm
Valued Member
United States
355 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dropping that kind of money I'd want better photos. It's almost as if all of your purchases are from the same person, taking pics with a calculator
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64327 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Blurry images are always worrisome. Sharpness seems to be high AU+ on the reverse, pancake strike on the obverse. Mostly I'm concerned about the abundance of scattered marks in the obverse fields. Whatever the grade, these will clearly detract. From what I can see, I am not a fan, price aside.
Edited by Coinfrog
11/14/2021 7:41 pm
Valued Member
United States
355 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm giving you a hard time. You have a better eye than me, I would have trouble distinguishing on a multitude of your cherry picked purchases I've seen thus far.

What do you think this one would grade numismatic student?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64327 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fair question.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3598 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks promising. Seems to have decent luster, and it might be mid MS. Can't tell whether there are any hairlines or other surface problems with these photos. I'd say either AU-58 or MS-63 if it straight grades.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16503 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't wait to see in hand photos .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
972 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems like a pretty darn good deal to me. I think it has an incomplete strike and a chance at MS-62. I would've definitely paid this and possibly more for it (if I had the money). A great coin to grade and flip at this price. But let's wait to see in hand photos...

I think blurry photos are the best, because nobody wants to bid on the item but me!
Pillar of the Community
United States
972 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After reviewing the seller, I would not buy this coin. It seems like this is the first sale on his account, let alone the only coin he has. He does not accept returns and the description is vague. Hopefully you actually receive this coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64327 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How did you find the listing?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3285 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some images of your coin online with some better photos. It appears to be the same coin, and it was used as an example of a 1921 D. I am at AU53/55. Possible details because it could be scratched.

Edited by Slider23
11/14/2021 8:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
972 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slider23- Where did you find those photos? The ebay seller's photos are much fuzzier than that.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64327 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely the same coin.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 56 / Views: 1,879Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: