Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Really Like Small Cents.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,780Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
5002 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  2:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I really like small cents. Here are a few wheat cents.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67785 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive set! Show us some close-ups of some of your favorites.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5002 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Impressive set! Show us some close-ups of some of your favorites.

Thank you my poison dart friend of the shiny metal world!

My favorites are the 1935-S, 1943 and the 1944.

The 1935-S is a beautiful red and purple hued coin. It has a color intensity I've rarely seen on a cent.

The 1944 also has a different color compared to all my others. Its a golden yellow, its not red or orange.

The 1943 (which I got from you) is also the nicest steel cent I've seen. I like these 3 as they aren't the same color/quality of all the other cents I see.

Sadly I don't really want to take them out of the album, most have been unmolested for about a decade, I don't want to risk damaging them. So I won't be taking close ups.
Edited by hfjacinto
11/21/2021 2:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8069 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have a bag of hot fries and pop those buggers out of their holes.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7493 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice set of coins! I have a question for you - Why is your 1922 plain in your album showing reverse side up? To answer my own question - Is it to show off the strong reverse versus the lack of a mint mark on the obverse?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5002 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very nice set of coins!

Thank you!

Quote:
I have a question for you - Why is your 1922 plain in your album showing reverse side up? To answer my own question - Is it to show off the strong reverse versus the lack of a mint mark on the obverse?

While I have a weak D (*the D is really almost not visible). I don't buy varieties so I don't have a No D. Since I took out the weak D I decided to replace it with a really nice Wheat cent. But its turned backyard (as all the varieties) are, so when I kick the bucket, and the kids/wife sell my collection for what I said I paid for it, they will know that the varieties are only worth 1 cent.
Edited by hfjacinto
11/21/2021 3:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a lot more than a few wheat cents! Well done! I was hoping that bright Wheat cent was a 22 plain.

One of these days I will fill the final hole in my album and post pics here on the CCF.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2948 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  06:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent collection. Congrats and I'm with you on your title.
The "4 out of 5" all seem to be in great condition with lots of detail visible.
(I'm still lacking 3 of the 5 "harder to find" ones myself.)
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3847 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set Hfjacinto. I like the Lincoln cents too, so that was one of the first sets I completed.
All mints from all years, except varieties.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7493 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7493 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5002 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That 1957 looks like a proof coin

It is a proof coin. I actually want to update the last 3 to proofs. Seeing if I can find a proof of each type next time I go to the local coin shop.
Learn More...
United States
112341 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5002 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Because Dearborn bullied me, I upgraded the last 3 coins to Proofs :)

And picked up a 1911, 1912 and 1916 #128540;
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7493 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7493 Posts
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,780Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: