Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Soaring Securities: Aviation Stocks And Bonds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 7 / Views: 134Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  11:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I probably should have started this thread years ago. But today I got this stock for North American Aviation, so I thought, why not now?

North American eventually merged with Rockwell, but before then they had quite an impressive history. The company built P-51 Mustang fighters and B-25 bombers in WWII, then the X-15 rocket plane, and later the Apollo command and service module, and the second stage of the Saturn V rocket for NASA. One interesting factoid: Neil Armstrong was among the many test pilots who flew the X-15, so he was well known to North American by the time they helped send him to the moon.

Edited by GregAlex
11/22/2021 11:39 pm
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got back to scanning some others this morning. I'm sure everyone will recognize these names...

You'll also find that last one in my Million Dollar thread -- when it was issued, it was worth just over $2 million.
Edited by GregAlex
11/23/2021 6:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And one more airline...

Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking set!

Pan Am and TWA seem like distant memories to me. I had to look it up... Pan Am went bankrupt in 1991, with remaining assets going to Delta. TWA was acquired by American in 2001.
Pillar of the Community
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Then there were the companies who built the planes and aviation equipment.

The vignette on this first one is interesting. If you look close, the map has little indicators on the various states showing the direction of the prevailing winds.

Edited by GregAlex
11/25/2021 6:05 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2478 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@GregAlex, Fascinating topic! I enjoy learning about collecting interests outside my typical wheelhouse. Thank you for posting this!
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Then there were the companies who built the planes and aviation equipment.
Excellent!
  Replies: 7 / Views: 134Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: