Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Coin Is This? US Of A White Gold - But It's Yellow. Is It Fake?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 253Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
79 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  7:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi there,

Could someone tell me what coin this is? I only have a picture of the reverse. Wondering a possible year and denomination?

Thank you
Edited by nancylou
11/24/2021 7:53 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12522 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your not giving us much to go on, you don't even show the complete
reverse but from what I can see, it is some sort of a fantasy coin.
Valued Member
Canada
79 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know..I'm trying to edit the pic so it will accept it. I'll try again.
Ty
Valued Member
Canada
79 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by nancylou
11/24/2021 8:00 pm
Learn More...
Australia
13909 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For it to be "fake", there would have to be genuine coins that it is copying. There is no genuine coin like this. The eagle design is somewhat crudely copied from a Morgan silver dollar; American gold coins did not use this design.

So what you have here is a "fantasy" - an object that kind of looks like a coin, but is not a coin. It might or might not actually be made of gold - it was not made by a government mint, and whoever made them might or might not have been honest about their claim to it being made of gold. Many fantasies were made for sale as tourist souvenirs of some kind (many were produced in the mid-1900s for the 100th anniversary of the California gold rush), and tourist trinkets are rarely made of solid gold.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12522 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much better.
It is definitely not a coin. It is some sort of token or fantasy piece.
Probably not even any sort of gold.
Valued Member
Canada
79 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay thanks so much.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16145 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please show us a photo of the other side of that coin .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2629 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You'll have to send it to me for the proper attribution.
Learn More...
United States
21336 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@nancy, based on the size of this coin in proportion to the staple on the 2x2, it looks to me like the diameter is about 20 mm. I wonder if this is Spiel Marke.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
Canada
79 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay thanks everyone
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62680 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not something I've ever seen. Certainly not a US Mint issue.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 253Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: