Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2008-D New Mexico Quarter Questions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 332Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
152 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  10:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So was looking this over it looks wierd to me, is this circulation wear Machine Doubling and DDD around in god we trust the mm and NIT in United on the front? And for the reverse should land of enchantment look the way it does? The difference is most apparent in the F (of) and the H of enchantment the bar of the h is not straight at all. Differences on the back are definitely very noticeable.Thanks for your help!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
42816 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a normal coin.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  05:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll have to get better photos of the area around the sun once I get home from work but here is what I'm talking about for land of enchantment on the reverse. Top is an unc coin for reference bottom is the mints example, mine in the middle.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42816 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  06:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mint pic looks like a proof coin.Never compare a proof coin with a non proof coin. Yours looks like maybe a very minor Struck Through Grease.
John1
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my uncirculated mint photo from here,https://www.usmint.gov/coins/coin-m...s/new-mexico
notice the proof black in the fields of the coin behind enchantment. I just got home so I'm going to take a pic of the central design area to show the majority of the suspected doubled area.
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The other photo was a Denver mint uncirculated example PCGS true view image to compare against
Edited by Decaf94drew
11/28/2021 07:21 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42816 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just clicked on your link,it reads a proof quarter.
John1
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are photos of the Middle, the 2nd shows a clear full design same height and split in the center making it enlarge the devices it affects. The third is under as minimal lighting as possible (I always use diffused axial lighting to cut down on as much glare and reflection as I can but just to be extra sure went super dark I did adjust the brightness 100%on the photo 3 so it's easier to see). I tried looking to see if It matched an example but I didn't see one? since the other day I've been doing my best to avoid grease stuckthrough on words so I don't trip myself up with only appearing larger. This all looks distorted to me and enlarged with clear design. This is the first time I've see a split apear and like hide in the strike. At first it looked like ? As I was looking I realized the split which I thought was the beggining of some deterioration or some other dumb thing but it is trippy to look at.. its not indented it actually rises to completes the full strike not step like.. when looking profile wise into the bays of the sun design thats something I've never seen before in person... it's hard to describe. I'm more trying not to get my hopes up hence asking questions and trying to learn what it is so that I can keep furthering my understanding of this all

Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The areas where the arrows are pointing to what's up with this. This is more or less what I asking about... I was having a hard time getting it to focus in on. But this is what it looks like in the light.

Edited by Decaf94drew
11/29/2021 02:18 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 332Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: