Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Glass Display Cabinet.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 695Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
2438 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  05:18 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Early Birthday/Xmas present for 60 bucks (Ikea)!...Really good quality and easy to assemble....
I'd been looking into how to display my small collection and decided that I wanted to see them all the time with the flexibility of being able to move sections around as I feel.
I'm still having great fun playing around with this and have made sure there is plenty of space left to continue filling with new purchases....Here's a photo, hope you like.
Feel free to post your display cabinets.......Paul

Pillar of the Community
United States
6152 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  06:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It really looks great, Paul. The arrangement works well. Even without a closeup, I can see you've divided the coins, artifacts, and fossils into thematic subsets. Handsome and professional-looking display. Well done.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42863 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
22050 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your own personal museum—very well done!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3726 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  07:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it. But it looks a little empty .
Pillar of the Community
United States
6796 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hope you're not living in a seismically active region.
Learn More...
United States
108551 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10217 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks like a really nice display case especially for the cost. Well done!
1883-O Nut
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64439 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quite beautiful for sure!
Learn More...
United States
23658 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  10:01 am  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Paul.
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice display, well done. I have several outdoor security cams and motion sensors around the house. If you have none, you might consider this to protect your home/display for when you are away. I usually have part of my collection at home to enjoy. The rest is in the bank box. I visit them about once a month, they miss me.

I have an old hutch that was my grandmother's I use to display my fossil collection. Maybe I should use one shelf for coins.

Most home insurance policies don't cover much in the way of jewelry/coins unless you get them appraised with add on policy.

Edited by livingwater
11/30/2021 12:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
682 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Novicius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A very impressive display case indeed, Paul, and keenly priced as well.

An extremely professional looking set-up.

Jim
Edited by Novicius
12/01/2021 11:04 am
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Safaga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good looking presentation. And for only $60 for the case. Money well spent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
611 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love it!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
2438 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Thanks for all the replies guys much appreciated and really glad you like the cabinet!

Setting this up has been a really lovely experience and a dream come true ....
I've always enjoyed wandering around museums perusing their wares But have often been dissapointed with some display designs where viewing is hampered or the general layout is mediocre, lighting or positioning bad etc. I've tried to achieve a balance between optimum viewing of the theme along with flexibility, as I would like to be able to change certain sections with ease, bringing in different types/series at will, hopefully I've achieved this being as user friendly as possible.

Quote:
I can see you've divided the coins, artifacts, and fossils into thematic subsets.
...Thanks Bob, yes I've tried to keep some sense of cohesion but the top shelf will be more 'lets say chaotic' as I'd like to use this for larger Bronzes and Provincials. The next 3 shelves will be a little more subject-based and also these areas are nicely viewed from a seated position.

Here's a few more shots..

Edited by Palouche
12/01/2021 5:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5450 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 695Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: