Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cool (And Sometimes Crazy) Doubled Clipped Canadian Errors

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,755Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
Canada
10189 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  12:06 pm Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I figured I would start a thread on this topic. Feel free to contribute.

I'll start this one with a whopper! This is a coin I sourced out of the US for a good friend of mine, who has an impressive collection Two Dollar errors. A wonderful double clip, with the added bonus of a core that was placed into a hole bored off-centre in the nickel planchet.

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
10189 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one was picked up in the Geoffrey Bell Coin Expo spring auction as part of an error lot. Someone else wanted this one too, as they pushed me to my maximum bid. I really like this one, and even somewhat impressed that it had circulated. Both are healthy-sized clips, and this coin weighs only 2.23 grams.

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
123 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
he only thing I can say is WOW WOW WOW Spectacular
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6013 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very impressive coins
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice examples!

But the clipped Ike you sent me is still nicer (to me).
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45167 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Canada
123 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
canadian or german planchet ?
Learn More...
Canada
10189 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But the clipped Ike you sent me is still nicer (to me).

But, not nice enough to make the jbuck Eisenhower dollars album?

http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=1861

My eBay store
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But, not nice enough to make the jbuck Eisenhower dollars album?
An oversight on my part, which has been corrected.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
614 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So many errors on one coin that's incredible.
RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Learn More...
Canada
10189 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another double clipped coin... of sorts. One is an incomplete punched planchet, with a clip on the same planchet.

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
10189 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A double clip, with a 12-sided collar die. It makes deciphering the Blakesley Effect and other determining factors a bit tougher.

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
10189 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sooo... no Blakesley Effect on this coin

My eBay store
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is another double clipped coin... of sorts. One is an incomplete punched planchet, with a clip on the same planchet.
Double your pleasure, double your fun.

Quote:
A double clip, with a 12-sided collar die. It makes deciphering the Blakesley Effect and other determining factors a bit tougher.
Oh my!

Quote:
Sooo... no Blakesley Effect on this coin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
69007 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great stuff thanks for sharing.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
649 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2022  03:07 am  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They can't all be beauties.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,755Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: