Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jacrispies' Complete Lincoln Cent Collection

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 888Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1530 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2022  12:37 am Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Finally sealed the deal with the 1914-D recently. The 1909-S VDB was purchased in 1968 for a low price of $75 by my grandfather. The 1922 plain is not confirmed genuine, but "good enough" for a coin that shouldn't be in the set. I included some close-ups of a few honorable mentions and key coins.

And please ignore the few holes for the modern dates... they don't count!!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
709 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2022  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice!
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44687 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2022  04:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set. Are you going to upgrade that 1943-P?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1514 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2022  05:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love my Lincoln's also ! [I just need the 09-Svdb myself to complete the wheat set, but I want mine certified and higher than a VF-20. I got lucky on my certified 14-D in VF-35 slabbed from PCGS. My goal is all wheat cents in a VF-20 or higher for the pre 1940 ones, and so that is not an easy task.]

Congrats on a not so easy set to complete!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5001 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67754 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2022  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharp-looking set!
Learn More...
United States
112316 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2022  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Outstanding!

Quote:
The 1922 plain is not confirmed genuine, but "good enough" for a coin that shouldn't be in the set.
That is the perfect filler!
Learn More...
United States
23271 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2022  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Multigenerational collections are the best. Well done!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
1422 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2022  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice set! (I agree, modern dates don't count...)

Your 1914-D looks very much like the one in my Dad's set. He got it out of circulation--I think sometime in the 1940s. :)
Edited by jpsned
01/03/2022 12:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7487 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17876 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2022  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CONGRATS!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1587 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2022  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice looking set. Thanks for sharing.
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Pillar of the Community
United States
1530 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2022  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Are you going to upgrade that 1943-P?

Probably, it is just low on the priority list. I will keep my eyes peeled constantly because MS steel cents can be picked up for a buck or two.

Quote:
I just need the 09-Svdb myself to complete the wheat set

You got this!!

Quote:
What is your next target?

Next completed book will most likely be the 7070, although it may take all year to find pleasing Seated dollars for the right price. I am also slowly putting together a capped bust half set by date only, with most coins at XF. The process is very slow, because there aren't many higher grade coins that are within reasonable prices.
Edited by jacrispies
01/03/2022 11:24 pm
Valued Member
United States
371 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2022  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice set. Congrats.
Pillar of the Community
United States
909 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2022  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdh157 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful collection......
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloIronTail to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great set there! The 22 "Plain" isn't the big one, but it will do.

Pete
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 888Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.6 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: