Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960-D Penny Possible Lg 1960-D RPM-003

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 247Next Topic  
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2022  1:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Echo1711 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looking for some opinions on this one. Thanks in advance.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2612 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2022  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Echo1711 to the CCF!

excellent RPM... but it looks more like RPM-002.

looks at the position of the Mint mark in relationship to the date ... it helps a lot.

congratulations
Pillar of the Community
United States
2612 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2022  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
also, I think I can see some die scratches off the tail of the "9" that match RPM-002.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55503 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2022  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correct. RPM-002. 003 is further north:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
01/12/2022 1:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
504 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2022  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, one of the few that looks better in the latter stages.
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1245 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2022  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice, one of the few that looks better in the latter stages.
I agree! Nice find, Echo1711! When I first saw this, I didn't even think it was an RPM, very unusual.

-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2022  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF. Great RPM find there.
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  12:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shantiom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

great eye!
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 247Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: