Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can Anyone Help Me Identify This Coin.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 396Next Topic  

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2022  11:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JJHill to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I can't find any information on this coin any where. If anyone could help me out if they know, or with there opinion I would appreciate it. The coin is the same size as a half dollar.

Pillar of the Community
United States
8229 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2022  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a coin, probably a token for private use. Not issued for commerce.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
1002 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2022  01:25 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the size and weight? Maybe you can add a picture of it next to a US quarter or another easily recognizable coin.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42851 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2022  04:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks more like a game token than a coin.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1622 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2022  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TAM-TAM is a Chau gong (bullseye gong). could try to polish it up, see if it chimes as a micro gong.
it's most likely what it was made for, maybe as a toy or miniature or something of the sort. but it won't ring with as dirty as it is.

Mini gongs are like 4" for the smallest hand crafted that work, there are precision laser cut ones down to 2", if it's the size of a half dollar it's about 1.2" and I'm doubting it was cut with a precision laser,BUT, just maybe it's a miniature from a playset or something that chimes a bit.

you know, on second thought,,,,, maybe it's an old bb shooting gallery target for plinking......
Edited by Big-Kingdom
01/11/2022 12:11 pm
Learn More...
United States
108551 Posts
Learn More...
United States
22048 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2022  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jj, first welcome to CCF. Second, I see from your description that this piece must be 19 or 20 mm in diameter. A weight would be nice info to have, but also can you please let us know if a magnet is attracted to it? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JJHill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1488 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Chinese Chau Gong of a bronze alloy which is roughly 80% copper and 20% tin, and the crafting process is a mixture of hand hammering and working the bronze on a lathe while carefully heating and cooling the metal. On the Chau Gong, the center spot and outside rim retain the black copper oxide that forms when the gong is made.

This was know as TAM-TAM
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 396Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: