Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1945 P DDR Any Input .help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 226Next Topic  

United States
11 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  12:22 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ByfrostClover to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I was going through some old wheat pennies and came across this 1945, any input for help would greatly be appreciated almost the whole reverse of the coin is what looks like extreme doubling, but I'm still learning the ropes in this world and may be wrong, grateful for any and all input and advice

Bedrock of the Community
United States
17511 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  12:32 am  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a doubled die, classic acid damage, PMD.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  02:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ByfrostClover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the wiggly text the way to tell? That Kind of hazy look, and thank you appreciate the info
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42860 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not positive it is acid, weight? Heat damage? or buffed too much?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
6796 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking acid damage. I performed an acid experiment on a couple copper cents many, many years ago--the results were very similar. Yes, exposure to heat can produce a somewhat similar look, but with somewhat less 'fine waviness'.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5450 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't think this was acid here. there are too many identical markings to the right of all the devices - of note the apparent heavy incuse gouge(?) on the right vertical side of almost every letter. I think that acid damage would be way more random. It looks like the planchet chattered while being struck.
Learn More...
United States
108551 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55503 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Torched coin:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
8240 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post mint damage, most likely from a blow torch.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1496 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like the weight of this coin. Something is fun here. Also if possible to see the sides of the coin on 90 degree of the waves orientation.

I do not exclude any theorem till now, but the waves, the R and O colors and also the letters and the left side wheat put me in balance. This was bonze not cooper, same base material which react different.
Edited by silviosi
01/13/2022 7:30 pm
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe that the images are distorted a bit. These do not appear to be clear and concise representations of the coin in hand to offer an opion other than the fact that the dots on the reverse seem to be somewhat elongated. But only more focused images will tell.
Are these images of the loose coin?
What is the background or medium the images were captured?
I find a definitive answer difficult to ascertain based on what I observe and highly respect the consensus that says acid is the culprit.
Again, I learn here.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 226Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: