Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1941 P LWC Trying To Identify DDR

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 303Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
382 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  12:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I noticed the thickened Dots then began trying to identify which DDR this is. It seems to match with DDR 003 but the O in One seems to match DDR 004, but on DDR 004 the last T of Trust has a broken Hub which this Cent does not. DDR 003 does not mention the thickened O which to me is thickened mostly north and west side. Or I may be completely off base! Thanks for any help in advance!

http://varietyvista.com/01a%20LC%20...1PDDR003.htm
http://varietyvista.com/01a%20LC%20...1PDDR004.htm

[

Pillar of the Community
United States
2612 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  05:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
is that a die crack on the lower vest? and (cant tell) is there a double eyelid? might be DDR-001 coupled with DDO-025

these LWC DDRs seem to all look alike. best to find some die markers.

good luck
Valued Member
United States
382 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@levelsofmadnes I could not find any die markers like die cracks or the double eylid, so I dont know. Thanks for looking!
Pillar of the Community
United States
504 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find with strong thickness, good shape too.

It seems that 1941 has several known DDRs [and likely many unknown]. It appears there were lots of 'mistakes' made in 1941 [DDOs included].

Coppercoins.com has about eight and only two of them cross over to VVs list of DDRs and, I have several that I ended up just labeling as unknown. It might be best to just store it for now and come back to it later unless you want to send it in to be attributed.

Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Edited by CentSation
01/13/2022 09:52 am
Valued Member
United States
382 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CentSation! I think thats what I will do. I have been trying to figure out for over a week now off and on. I think I will just put it up for now and come back to it later
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55503 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are things I look for on matching the Philly/Denver/San francisco cent reverses. On the mintmark cents it is quickest to match locations for the mintmark. That will give you specific obverse die information. But keep in mind that the die marriages can be altered with either die is retired. So keep that in your detective skills. On the Philly cents on the EPU, I look at the tops/bottoms of the design. Sometimes the tops of the devices can be pointed, like this coin on 'L', 'U' or 'I'. Some The 'S' is distorted making the 'S' look pregnant. The bottoms of the 'L' can be taller making them larger. The Dots looking like eggs can vary in size. So to find a match to a certain die, you need to match up the spread/design distortions. Also keeping in mind that doe polishing can alter devices making them smaller in size. So a lot is to be considered, but knowing what to look for helps.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
01/13/2022 1:11 pm
Valued Member
United States
382 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coop that is alot to try and figure out and to take into consideration but that makes it interesting as well. I will keep looking! Thanks for the info and for looking!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1245 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If finds are really slow and I mean reeeeeally slow, I have a can of these I will pull from, to try and find markers to attribute. They are fun to find but a bear to attribute sometimes.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5450 Posts
Valued Member
United States
382 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks -makecents- and Dearborn! Yep I think I will save for the future and further investigation!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find. Attributing on this is best done as Coop notes. Takes a long time, so maybe between times when you don't have other Wheat cent to look at. Like the old gold miners, collect concentrate all Summer and Fall, clean the gold out of the concentrate in the winter when the ground is frozen. LOL.
Valued Member
United States
382 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  12:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks sheldius! Yep thats what I will have to do! I have some "concentrate" adding up lol
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55503 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CoopHome: How to sharpen your detective skills on the Wheat DDR's?
Information is above this area. So look up on the thread.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
01/15/2022 3:06 pm
Valued Member
United States
382 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coop will do!
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 303Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: