Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mint Error Lincoln Penny.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 272Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
71 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  10:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add OutlawboB to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Howdy got this error. Think it's a 1946 but not sure.
Looking for some advice. Sorry about pictures. Just did
Want to take out of package. It was in grandparents
Coin collection. Thanks for the help

Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OutlawboB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry about the date think it's 1964
Pillar of the Community
United States
8166 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We cannot tell what you have exactly without better photos. Take it out of the holder... it has rusted staples for goodness sake! p.s.- tell us where you see/think it has an error?
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5313 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice off center coin. how do you know that the date is a 1964? as opposed to any other Memorial cent?
I would be updating that 2x2 holder though. the corrosion can destroy the coin eventually.
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OutlawboB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin is only half of the stamp on it. Sorry if I'm not saying it correctly
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OutlawboB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dearborn. It's just what I was told
Pillar of the Community
United States
8166 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
YES! Replace that 2x2 holder, it is not a good environment for it to be in! It appears to be out-of-round as well? What are the edges like? Rough or smooth?
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
United States
42754 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice off center strike. Needs a new 2x2. Coop might be able to narrow down the date for you.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1380 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  06:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With better pics I agree. Interesting off.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6711 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hope to see large and sharp photos with the coin out of the 2x2. Looks like a very nice off center strike.
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OutlawboB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will have new pics for y'all tomorrow. It's in the safe and won't be there till tomorrow. But I will get much better pics. Thanks to all
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55418 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually go one size larger on the coin in 2X2's, that way you can see the edge of the coin easier with the once size larger. (Meaning ,Nickel on a Cent coin)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OutlawboB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you COOP I will put it in a 2x2
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep.
Off Center Oblong
Get it in a good 2x2.
That would probably be what your grandparents would want-Protect the coin.
Keep the old holder for keeps sake. Far away from the coin
My opinion.
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OutlawboB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank y'all very much. What I have is alot of coins. Several old coins lots of silver. But just don't know how to go about dealing with this.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 272Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: