Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 Lincoln Cent DDO-001 FS-101 New Findings

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 347Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58911 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  4:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1972 Lincoln CENT DDO-001 FS-101
Doing some personal research on this die to confirm a die marker, I decided to look deeper that the listings of die markers to see if we can confirm the example posted today by the markers. So Down loaded several examples off PCGS to look that them closer. I the sites are showing these in just the Stage 'A' die stage or EDS examples on the other sites. With the 1955 DDO being pulled early, it looks like this one also was pulled early, but not as soon as the 1955 DDO. I determined that some markers were there on earlier die states, and then I looked at the bow tie on one of the examples. It showed that is had been polished. Well, I looked into it and spotted that it is in basically three different die states. The fresh VEDS (Very-Early-Die-State) And the EDS die state where some wear is noticed on the examples shown side by side. There was also another one I considered polished die example and made a three way side by side to help us see that the devices do suffer when die wear happens on a coin. So I listed the polished one as a MDS. (Mid Die State) When you see them together side by side you can see how much wear the devices are receiving in striking and how much a die devices suffers when it is polished.
The top one is the earlier die state, the normal EDS die state in the center, and then the MDS example on the bottoms of these images.

This research helped me to realize that sometimes things are assumed and looking deeper into the subject you find more than you realized was there. But posting this to look deeper into the subject. I'll be adding more information on the markers soon on this link also.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70481 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive work, thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4983 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with the frog.
Pillar of the Community
United States
746 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats interesting coop thankyou!
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 347Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: