Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2009 Ec. Early Childhood. DDR

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 659Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

United States
1448 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  4:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looks like a 2009 EC. WDDR-069 match. Obverse & Reverse markers match.

Having a problem with logs 5 & 11. They look doubled. Log 11 at first thought it was a crack or stain but isn't.
Any thoughts or ideas?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9039 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1448 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of these DDRs on the EC sure look questionable to me.
Wexler has 151 different DDR for 2009P.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2947 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it could pass for DDR-045 ... cross ref to WDDR-069?

i usually pass on the Birth and Early Childhood cents...the doubling to me seem boring.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1448 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. I agree they are very boring.
I really dislike checking any of the 2009's. First couple years I checked them but got burnt out. Decided to just separate and store them.
The other day I thought to look again. Ooops. Checked 20ish of the EC out of 150+ and that was enough.
Very difficult and boring.

I saw VarietyVista DDR-045. Log 7 didn't quite look the same.
The crack on top of head isn't in same location.
Edited by RobO411
01/19/2022 7:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2947 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i still have an original box of Birth and Childhood to go through.... not looking forward to it

but I will put my best foot forward and put an effort into it.

maybe I will get something interesting
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58065 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few listings on these DDR's. But you might check to see these. But without a raised device, and the affected areas are incuse, these could be Machine Doubling? If so the other devices on the coin maybe showing MD? So you might check this out. Note on the DDR's they are enlarged and raised not incuse on the devices?

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
01/19/2022 7:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1448 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well. Help me understand that.
Bob Piazza says there's only seven dies.
How is there 150 different DDRs listed?
I need help trying to figure this out. Probably really easy but I'm slow trying to picture it

I'm thinking it's gotta be right in front of my face but my little brain can't see it.
Edited by RobO411
01/19/2022 9:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where you find Bob Piazza say? Please let me know, I want to reed.

Bob Piazza is just a photographer, now it is expert in coins?
Edited by silviosi
01/19/2022 9:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8777 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can drive yourself crazy with this series. I too have several mint issued rolls and unsure how or if I want to deal with them. I think the LP-2 has even more errors than this one.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
3778 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems to be a misunderstanding here.

There are only 7 listed on CopperCoins, coincidentally all photographed by Bob Piazza. Coop made that graphic and not Piazza.

Wexler lists 150+, a much more complete list no doubt.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tan you are correct, but the affirmation was Piazza say are only 7. common, an affirmation is it. this was my point. Piazza is a very very good photographer and give him 99.99.

You know Tan, I am Italian like him. And us we do the work we start till the end and very important it is: We never push down or overwhelmed the people work we us. This hart me. him is a master in photos and never will past over the others. Maybe he say I took only 7 photos of this variety witch it is correct.
Edited by silviosi
01/19/2022 11:49 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58065 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to see other areas on his coin. If other areas a showing similar affects, it maybe Machine Doubling? The only area affected with a DDR, would be in the central areas, copying the hub design? This doesn't appear to be a spread on these devices. But would need larger images on that area, to compare with normal devices to see if a spread is present, or the devices are altered. That's what I need to continue with this coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3778 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Piazza never said that, RobO misinterpreted Coop's graphic.

Piazza just took photos of 7 dies for CopperCoins. No sentence in this thread is one of his. Piazza has no public commentary on these to my knowledge.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Tan with all respect for you and your knowledge. I expect an SORRY from him for miss written.

Quote:
Bob Piazza says there's only seven dies.

Do not be mad against me. I like things clear.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1448 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hesitate to answer and not just let it go but. Silviosi expects a SORRY.
I am sorry for not thinking about what I wrote. I know Bob Piazza takes beautiful pictures of coins. I made a stupid mistake (as usual) and didn't think.
Like I mentioned earlier it's probably right in front of my face. (I) know for sure I'm bad of doing this ( leaving out or adding a wrong word or name.)
The line ( There) are only seven of these, had this idiot confused and I put Bob Piazza's name there by mistake.
Silviosi I am really very SORRY if I've hurt you feelings. All I was questioning was the seven dies ( what a dummy I am ). I didn't/don't care who did the graphic. I realize now what the graph was pointing out ( enlarged and raised not incuse).
I promise I'll try to wait 48+ hours before I ask or question a problem I have before posting in the future.
SORRY for carrying on. Take care all. Rob
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 659Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: