Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1963 - D - Lincoln- DDO

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 412Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
134 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  11:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bigwho808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
check it!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1001 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where are you seeing doubling?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44628 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  04:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

What attribution number do you think it might be? Check all three sites.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
8029 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  06:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not seeing any doubling--given the images posted. Please tell us where you see it, and consider posting a closer-in photo or two where the doubling is evident. Thanks.
Valued Member
United States
134 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigwho808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see it on the GOD and the 3. I will hook up the microscope later tonight and take better photos.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57350 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The images are showing us a normal size devices on those areas. Did you take a look at what the DDO's looked like that year?
http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20...201963-D.htm
Here is the listings. See if it looks like something you see on your coin. But take a look to see what a doubled die looks like that year.
If it is on the outside/inside areas of the devices, it is Machine Doubling like the example below:

This is Machine Doubling. (damage to the devices on the coin after the strike. If it were hub doubling the die, the devices would be enlarged larger than the normal devices) Even doubled dies can have Machine Doubling on them. The machine causes that.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
01/25/2022 11:55 am
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Flowme911 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it looks very clear on the 3, and looking closer on the letters of GOD, nice!
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Flowme911 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also the 9 btw
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 412Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: