Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Look What Someone Found In A Roll Of Halves

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
614 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  08:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sfwusc to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index....pic=214288.0

Makes you want to order a box and start searching doesn't it?

-SWUSC
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xshift to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW! That's awesome. Sounds like someone had cashed in all their (or someone else's) collection tho.. I hope not, but at least they were found by someone who knows their worth!
Valued Member
United States
167 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bqcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow
Pillar of the Community
United States
1179 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ceaton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa, some people have the luck! Looks like they deserve it for the amount of rolls they search. Good for them!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5318 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KurtS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow...I think that's the most impressive circ find I've seen!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1031 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add docsfishn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! That's awesome!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29949 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW!
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2513 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
390 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tampabaygrampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW!! Got to be one in a million. Makes me want to go out and get some rolls of half dollars.
Learn More...
United States
16284 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
630 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Elimist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He found all that it a FED box!?!

I guess this shows that the fed isn't draining off circulating silver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
shazam! did you buy your lotto ticket yet?
Edited by yotie
01/30/2009 7:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
614 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sfwusc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That might be the best find I have ever heard of too.

Yet,

The Austrian 1915 One Ducat in a cent roll and the guy that found the 1938 D are up there too. :)

http://cheapgreenandhappy.blogspot....ld-baby.html

SWUSC
Pillar of the Community
United States
835 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2009  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a great box! I had similar luck about two and a half years ago. I opened a box of halves a bank got from Brinks and a walker was staring me in the face. Your heart skips a beat because you start to think, this could be the box! You figure if there is one, there must be more. Anyways, I pulled 37 silvers from that box and will never forget it:

31 Walkers
2 Barbers (1906 & 1909)!!
1 Franklin
1 '64 Kennedy
2 40% silver

I also found 3 1987 (2 P, 1 D). I remember there were four rolls with Walkers on the end. I always save the rolls with silver on the end for last, to build the suspense and so that I dont get skunked on the last roll. After going through over $100k in halves in 3 years, that is the only box I ever found Barber halves in. It is good to hear that even after so many years, there are still great coins to be found in rolls and purchased at face value!
Pillar of the Community
United States
835 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2009  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a great box! I had similar luck about two and a half years ago. I opened a box of halves a bank got from Brinks and a walker was staring me in the face. Your heart skips a beat because you start to think, this could be the box! You figure if there is one, there must be more. Anyways, I pulled 37 silvers from that box and will never forget it:

31 Walkers
2 Barbers (1906 & 1909)!!
1 Franklin
1 '64 Kennedy
2 40% silver

I also found 3 1987 (2 P, 1 D). I remember there were four rolls with Walkers on the end. I always save the rolls with silver on the end for last, to build the suspense and so that I dont get skunked on the last roll. After going through over $100k in halves in 3 years, that is the only box I ever found Barber halves in. It is good to hear that even after so many years, there are still great coins to be found in rolls and purchased at face value!
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.93 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05