Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ICCS Question Owners Value.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 995Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
122 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2022  02:10 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 2rtgah678 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a couple questions about ICCS grading form. does the owners value just mean what I think the price of the coin is? also if I have a coin that looks like it could be a specimen or proof like strike, for the verity do I just say both or just one? or even better do any of yall know a post or something that explains the whole process of sending coins in cause I honestly have little idea.
Edited by 2rtgah678
02/21/2022 02:20 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3692 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2022  07:14 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ICCS will determine if it is pl, or specimen. I leave owners value blank..
Valued Member
Canada
61 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2022  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ABuchan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Theoretically: If the shine of the coin is not present but the high points are all perfect, is it still possible for the coin to receive a MS grading?
Also, the form says ICCS does not certify errors coins, does this mean they wont log an error on the graded value?
(Sorry to highjack your post with more questions )
Valued Member
Canada
61 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2022  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ABuchan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whats the affect of toning or dirt (not corrosion) on the grading value?... is it possible to have a mint+ condition coin with toning or dirt?
Can there be a manufacturing error on the coin but it still have the highest grading?
Do they weight the coins?
Do they check if planchet differs?
Do they ever place plastic holders with coin into their sleeves for grading? (for future protection?)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1329 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2022  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Owners value is for insurance purposes, I think they charge $6 per $1000 value iirc.

Toning, depends on type and collector
Dirt I would pay less for a graded dirt covered cpin, on most cases
Yes, you can have a ms coin with dirt/toning

Might error: depends, but sometimes yes, check forums here, lots of examples

Weight: I believe sometimes

Planchett diffe: not sure what you mean. If you mean struck on wrong planchet, I think the answer can be yes if you pay

Plastic holder: yes plastic wrapped in plastic. If you mean a hard shell case, then no
Valued Member
Canada
487 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2022  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Strach-Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Before sending anything into ICCS
Take pictures of the coins you are sending in. Make sure you can see the dates of the coins.
Make a copy for yourself of the ICCS Service Request Form.
Take another picture of how you package your coins to be sent to them.
Take notes of any marks or anything that stands out to you on your coins.

Good Luck
Valued Member
Canada
61 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2022  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ABuchan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks.
If I'm sending in 100 coins to ICCS, and I don't know if one's a cameo and I don't mark it down, will they pick those details up for me and put it in the grading? Will I get cheap quick close eyed grading where varieties would be passed because of low cost? Do I have to pay more up front to ask them to look for varieties per coin?
Will the 100 coins include usa and canada of all denominations? ( I assume China isn't included?)
Have they ever lost coins in their shop? Is it like.they have coins lying around everywhere with customers present or any position to mix some up with someone else's? (Lol I know they are professional but have there been any big mistakes and how often?
There aren't kids with cotton candy spilling pepsi on the counter? lol Or new employees using toothpaste and sos pads to clean coins. lol
Edited by ABuchan
02/27/2022 12:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2401 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2022  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That sure is a bunch full of questions!!
Valued Member
Canada
61 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2022  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ABuchan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol
I use to laugh with a friend years ago because there were so many people from my area that use to clean their camera lenses with toothpaste and scrub pads.
Canada
27 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2022  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Handi1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why don't you just call them and they should be able to put your over-active mind at ease :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8846 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2022  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Will the 100 coins include usa and canada
Do not send anything other than Canadian coins.
Heed Handi1's advice and phone them.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
61 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2022  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ABuchan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I called them the other week and haven't been able to get a hold of them since.
I'm assuming they are swamped.
So the 100 coin package doesn't include usa coins or canada tokens etc?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8846 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2022  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For any US coin you send you are wasting your money.
They are not recognized as competent graders of US coins.
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
61 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2022  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ABuchan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ohhh
What about China or England coins?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8846 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2022  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only Canadian coins and tokens.
And maybe C mint sovereigns.
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2652 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
post pictures of the world stuff in the appropriate forum and you will get a real good sense of grade for free.
if it's an important or valuable coin then you can decide if you want to spend the $ on TPG services or simply slab it yourself with any quality aftermarket holder.
Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 995Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: