Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1937 Double Hp Dollar Population?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 318Next Topic  

Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  11:36 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wawahtewa Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I'm interested in finding the population of graded MS65 1937 Double HP Dollars. Currently there is none graded by PCGS and NGC. I was wondering if someone had the population report from ICCS and CCCS for the MS64 and MS65 Double HP.
I was unable to find any MS65 to ever be offered at auction.

Thank you in advance!
Learn More...
United States
111980 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1249 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ICCS did not identify the 1937 double HP in the last population report they issued (2016)
Edited by johnnysprawl
05/10/2022 12:15 pm
Valued Member
Canada
102 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UncleVicky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The ICCS pop report shows 29 in ms 65 however they do not diifferentiate the hp As he said above. I recently had a conversation with ICCS and they are working on an online pop report so in the new one there might be more info as varieties are identified and added. Regards Vic
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  06:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wawahtewa Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate all the help! I currently have a double HP out for regrade with PCGS. I'm hopeful that it will be the only one known as an MS65 since it was already graded as MS65 an is clearly a Double HP

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8830 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unlikely to be the only MS65
Trends pricing includes MS65
Coins in grades that have not been seen yet are not included in their pricing
This means there is almost certainly one or more ICCS MS 65 or higher, even though none have ever sold.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
05/11/2022 12:30 pm
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wawahtewa Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unlikely to be the only MS65
Trends pricing includes MS65
Coins in grades that have not been seen yet are not included in their pricing
This means there is almost certainly one or more ICCS MS 65 or higher, even though none have ever sold.

I am excited to find out the actual population of MS65 in the future. Its not often talked about in the Silver Dollar community. Its definitely and elusive variety in any grade.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 318Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: