Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 D Lincoln Cent, Small Date Variety?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 127Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  7:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello and thanks for your patience. My eyes continue to fail me! I initially thought this was a large date, but after a few weeks I turned it a bit and added the rulers to line up to the 1 in 1960, and now I think maybe it's a small date? Can you help? It's not really valuable either way but still a keeper! Thanks!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
44599 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a SD but with all the damage it is a spender or keep as a reference coin.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is a SD but with all the damage it is a spender or keep as a reference coin.
John1

Oh yay! That's exciting for me! I am glad I kept staring at it! lol. Thank you so much!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1709 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a small date but the D mint is very common, it's the P mint you want to find.
-makecents-
Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is a small date but the D mint is very common, it's the P mint you want to find.

Ah ok, great! Thanks for the info! :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7325 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4081 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

*1960D Small Date.

*Relatively common to find in circulation.

The 1960 P Small Date for 1960 is much harder to find.

Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice find for the 'D' SD now it is time to find the 'P' mint one..

I'll try!!!! ;)

Quote:
*1960D Small Date.

*Relatively common to find in circulation.

The 1960 P Small Date for 1960 is much harder to find.

I have to go through all my pennies again and see if I have it! Thank you!
Canada
11 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beaver22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a small date.
Though the 1960 small date penny minted in Philadelphia is even rarer.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 127Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: