Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 P Kennedy Half Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 297Next Topic  

United States
26 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  07:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hinterlander to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am just wondering if I am in a dead zone or what. I have been searching boxes of halves for 6 months now, usually 4-6 boxes per week. In that time I have assembled a complete set of MS Kennedys (except for 1970 D) just from my rolls, but have not found one 2013 P. I have rolls of multiple NIFCs from every other year, including 7-8 1987s, but the 2013 eludes me. The mintage is much higher than most other NIFCs. What gives, is there something I'm missing? I do live in the Denver mint area, but that didn't seem to matter for any other year. Ideas?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8526 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a 2013 D a few years ago in a roll search. Like most roll searching, good outcomes are pretty much a function of volume and time--the more the better. Can get frustrating.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68941 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
521 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given the volume of your searching and the higher mintage of that issue (5 million), it really doesn't make sense, unless large quantities of the 2013-P are being held in a vault somewhere.
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hinterlander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, it just doesn't make sense. I have nearly a roll of the 2019 D. Less than 2 million minted and they were only released 3 years ago.
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hinterlander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finally found my white whale last night. A beautiful BU 2013P that fit snugly in my album completing the entire PD set. Now where are the 2022s? Lol
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I finally found my white whale last night. A beautiful BU 2013P that fit snugly in my album completing the entire PD set.
Congratulations!
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 297Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: