Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1971-S Eisenhower Silver Dollar Prototype

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 1,335Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am still wondering if this particular coin is worth getting certified as a "peg leg" Ike?

Do a quick search on eBay for sold auctions with the 1971-S proof peg leg. You'll see this isn't a high-dollar coin. Also, I don't believe either PCGS or NGC provide a peg leg attribution for the proof strikes. In any case, you'll have more into the fees and shipping than the coin is worth.

You have a nice example of an abraded peg leg in its OGP. Keep it and enjoy it for what it is. Welcome to the crazy world of Ike collecting. There's so much more to look for in the series than the peggers. Enjoy the hunt!
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Exrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much! Silviosi &
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Exrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't see your reply cladboy! Thank you for the info. Great I will check out eBay sales. &
Learn More...
United States
114935 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I really love this coin community site, I have learned a lot.
We are glad to hear that!

Quote:
But I am still wondering if this particular coin is worth getting certified as a "peg leg" Ike?
Not if you are expecting a return on investment. Also...

Quote:
I don't believe PCGS or NGC provide a peg leg attribution for the proof strikes
I agree, at least for PCGS. As far as I can tell, they only do it for the uncirculated strikes. Not sure about NGC.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not sure about NGC.

jbuck, I took a quick look on NGC VarietyPlus. Looks like they only attribute the unc coins.

Exrider, it's great to have you along for the ride. I can't wait to hear about your future discoveries and acquisitions. All the best to you.
Learn More...
United States
114935 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
jbuck, I took a quick look on NGC VarietyPlus. Looks like they only attribute the unc coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2890 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Call ANACS to see if they attribute. VSS will attribute the variety, slab 'it but not grad.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
VSS will attribute the variety, slab 'it but not grad.

I wasn't aware VSS was into attributing Ikes. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 1,335Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: