Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 Dime, Lamination Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 204Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  09:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mike F to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm new, so bear with me. It looks to me like a lamination error, but I would like a professional opinion whether I should try to sell this or, if it's a common problem that's not worth anything. It appears to have problems on both sides. Thank you for your help.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58089 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the weight is normal, then it may have been struck through some cladding debris. The reason I mention this is because no copper is showing?

We should see copper color on the affect area on the obverse. The reverse is showing a stain.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike F to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a little busy today, I'm going to try to upload some more pictures. some better ones. There is a couple of places like over to the right where copper is showing through, but not where it's recessed. It's quite an edge where it's messed up, I'll get some better pictures, and does it have to show copper, to be a lamination error? Thank you for your help.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9106 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you get a chance, can you post up the weight of this coin. If it is indeed missing a lamination issue, the dime will be light. But strange if the top layer is (possibly) missing, why can't we see the copper core. I'm still seeing the CuNi cladding. may be a strike through something, but even that is hard to imagine as the raised devices are undamaged?
Edited by Dearborn
05/23/2022 10:30 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68941 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, weight please.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45134 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. I will be waiting to see about this coin
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 204Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: