Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is Your Favorite Commemorative?

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 135 / Views: 15,311Next Topic
Page: of 9
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2020  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice story Lancek. I do like that coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10446 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2020  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since I only own modern commemoratives, I'm going to go with ones I own. I do have a few preferred ones; for example, the Twain posted above is really nice. The 2000 Leif Ericson commem holds a special place in my heart as a) it is really cool and b) is the first commem I ever purchased:

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6800 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I posted the Smithsonian dollar as my favorite modern US commemorative, but this is my favorite of the half-dozen or so classic commemoratives that I own. It's especially interesting this year as major events are taking place in the UK to mark the 400th anniversary of the Pilgrim Fathers:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8376 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States -- 1 dollar, 2017 (Lions Club International):

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10446 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@pepactonius, I too like that Lion's Club dollar. REALLY like the reverse, not so much the obverse. Nice coin.
CCF Advertiser
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2020  03:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paradime Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oregon Trail.
Valued Member
United States
210 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2020  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love Commemorative Coins. I'm just now starting to concentrate on a nice Commemorative Collection. The next two that I want to add/currently searching for, would be the Gettysburg Commemorative Silver Half Dollar and the Oregon trail.

My three recent additions.

United States
41 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2020  02:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kaboel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oregon Trail for sure.
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2020  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Difficult question to answer. I tend to like a particular coin because of ? ... Luster, design, production proficiency, toning, relief, i.e. some outstanding characteristic which makes that specimen special. I have a 144 pc PCGS set and the only thing I'm really sure of is that cost has little to do with favoritism. Naturally some designs seem to strike an artistic appeal chord with the majority of collectors. I suppose if pinned to the wall I'd have to say the Frasers' art is nice as depicted by the Oregon trail series. They even wear down to Good or AG gracefully.
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bigmarty58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are my favorite Commemorative halves.

Learn More...
United States
86430 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
These are my favorite Commemorative halves.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2020  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not Mint to Be to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite with the silver Classic commems seems to change each time I look at my worn ones but the ones from the 20's are my favorite as a whole. My favorite classic gold is the $21/2 Pan Pac. I agree with Mudder on Modern Gold with the Sam

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2020  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SEMich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have both the 1892 & 1893 Columbian Exposition half dollars, which are my two favorites. My third would be the Isabella Quarter.
Learn More...
United States
86430 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have both the 1892 & 1893 Columbian Exposition half dollars, which are my two favorites. My third would be the Isabella Quarter.
Very nice!

to the Community!
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anybody have a least favorite ? Mine - Old tenor silver : Alabama both var. , Old tenor gold 16/17 McKinley. The most boring series to collect in the classic set ? Boone. C/W . Tossup for those two. Consolation you can obtain 'original' sets for most of their dates. (with patience)

Edited by freddo30
05/25/2020 12:24 am
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 135 / Views: 15,311Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05