Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1906 & 1907 High Grade IHC? Awesome Toning

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 421Next Topic  
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  09:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coreyg to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello I think I have a good idea on the grade but would like to see what the pros think, also the toning is crazy, they've been in an old 2x2 for a long while I was told. There's an awesome LCS an hour from me and they have a MASSIVE box with all sorts of lower end stuff and over the weekend the owner let me go through it, these were some of the finds among others including BU War Nickels all were a dollar.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17462 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice but I can see why they were only a buck . Seems they are on the low end of their grades from scrapes , corrosion spots , etc. If you like them , that's all that counts .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68943 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To my eye they appear cleaned with unnatural toning.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
06/21/2022 10:01 am
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coreyg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I mean they are not like super high end but I think the 1906 is somewhere around AU? and the 1907 is around XF? I mean the corrosion is not great yeah but still nice for a $1
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9107 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well to CCF, but I'm now that huge of all that fancy toning on coins - never have been, probably never will. but the coins themselves look pretty nice.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion these are not high grade IHC's.

That does NOT mean they're not worthy to collect. Everyone decides for themselves what grade level to collect, and separately, within that preferred grade range, what eye appeal works for them. There is no right and wrong!

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Pillar of the Community
United States
5534 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see future corrosion being caused by handling the coins with bare fingers.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see nothing wrong with that. Coin is being held on the edge as it should be.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1157 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the 1906
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68943 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bottom line, these are common date Indians that have been cleaned and left to re-tone. Sharp as their details may be, they are not worth more than $1 apiece.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 421Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: