Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Proposal For 120 Commemerative Coins In 2023?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 49 / Views: 2,913Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member

United States
342 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  6:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Need your prayers that this nonsense does not pass!

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...oins-in-2023

*** Edited by Staff to clarify topic title. Titles are important! ***
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20588 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At 120 different coins, probably best issued as non circulating legal tender coins (NCLT). Full and part sets could be marketed. Funds raised would be used to help the fire fighter's families.
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure it's for a noble cause. They can raise funds much more efficiently through other means.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8709 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't believe it has much of a chance of passing.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10594 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, it's 'a' way of raising funds--doesn't mean it's intended to be the only way. Have you ever worked closely with wildland fire fighters? I have.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9153 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  05:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears to be a future commems 'What if' topic.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Learn More...
United States
120560 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking.

I fear the precedent it would set if by some strange string of events it passes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  10:14 am  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I were looking for a reason to stop collecting modern commemoratives, this would be it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't need a reason to stop collecting modern commems...I don't collect them.

KK
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8709 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Maybe I'll prepare a draft!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
120560 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2623 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about those people go to the Franklin Mint. I am sure they are willing to crank the 120 coins. Maybe add a zero too...
Learn More...
United States
120560 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about those people go to the Franklin Mint. I am sure they are willing to crank the 120 coins. Maybe add a zero too...
That is actually not a bad idea.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8709 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about those people go to the Franklin Mint. I am sure they are willing to crank the 120 coins. Maybe add a zero too.

The Franklin Mint is no longer a mint. It is now just a brand name used to market a variety of (alleged) collectibles manufactured by others.

I would much prefer 2023 commemorative coins that mark important events in US history. With the 250th anniversary of American Independence around the corner in 2026, how about marking the 250th anniversary of the 1773 Boston Tea Party? Maybe a coin for the anniversary of the Committees of Correspondence? Both were key events leading to the drive for US independence.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2623 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I there anything to commemorate that happend in 1923 or 1823?
Valued Member
United States
474 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2022  03:17 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would much prefer 2023 commemorative coins that mark important events in US history. With the 250th anniversary of American Independence around the corner in 2026, how about marking the 250th anniversary of the 1773 Boston Tea Party? Maybe a coin for the anniversary of the Committees of Correspondence? Both were key events leading to the drive for US independence.

I agree.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 49 / Views: 2,913Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: