Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1971 S Lincoln Memorial Cent Penny Proof Brown?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 855Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

United States
535 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2022  11:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi!
I've been cherry picking and I came across this Proof penny, toned but in brown..I've never seen a brown finished proof penny before.
Your input is appreciated.

Edited by Believe7
08/04/2022 11:51 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46493 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  04:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not convinced it is a proof.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  06:03 am  Show Profile   Check bugil46's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
2641 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  06:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The San Francisco mint produced both circulation strike and proof Lincoln cents from 1968 through 1974. Your coin appears to be a normal circulation strike.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11045 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17910 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry but I have to agree this is NOT a proof .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71623 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think so either.
Pillar of the Community
United States
535 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Hi guys.
It is difficult to capture the chiny background as Lincoln image is opaque....But these are the images.
Pillar of the Community
United States
535 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
9216 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More photos don't change anything. Normal business strike, not a proof. I agree
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
9328 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not convinced the coin isn't a proof. Some images appear to show a rather 'squared off' rim edge. Can't be 100% sure. Would love to see the coin in-hand.
Pillar of the Community
United States
535 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
535 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all of you.
I was unable to capture the glossy fields in the background.
In real time, its a different penny from a regular business. I will have to take it somewhere.
Thanks again, love you.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Believe: Your coin is not proof. Now understand one thing. Do not compare 1971 with 2022. Two different kind of coins. Your coin if have high glossy hope qualify for PL. Is more valuable then any proof. Some in SF was strike in that time with the recycle proof dies. I hope for you to have the PL which was strike with 2 recycle proof dies. Or better an BS on proof planchet. Good Luck, come back to tell what was.
Pillar of the Community
United States
535 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silviosi..Thanks for the info.
I will now do a full research. I happen to own several proof sets, but none for that year.
Will post my findings.
Thanks again.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
not a proof. There is a lot more identifiers for a proof coin other than real shiny. Square rims, bold strike, mirror finish.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 855Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: