Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1927 1c NGC MS65 With Obverse Scrapes Just $2,500 Usd

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 723Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  10:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not my coin. Just another example of overgrading by NGC and then overpricing by the seller when there's color on a coin.

Just look at those obverse scrapes! This is a classic example of NGC giving an inflated market grade due to toning.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203563973576
Edited by TheColorofMoney
08/10/2022 01:07 am
Valued Member
Canada
195 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would be interesting to know what the offer was...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71679 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No opinion on the value, but can't say I entirely disagree with the grade.
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wallyb

Winning offer has to start at approximately US $2,547.32.

If I recall correctly, once a seller accepts an offer, it is saved and published for the category.

Oops. I mis-stated something because I was thinking of the wrong platform.

1960NYGiants, thanks for the correction.
Edited by TheColorofMoney
08/11/2022 9:01 pm
Valued Member
United States
456 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Incorrect. US 2547.32 is the List price that is equal to $3250 CAD. You offer whatever you like.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4460 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that the grade is inflated and spent some time in a sulpher-rich environment, like a baked potato or wet, old-style paper towels in heat or sunlight.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 723Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: