Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ram Coin Folders Issue

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 401Next Topic  

Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  03:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Karabeep to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all, I've only just recently started collecting circulated coins. I purchased the coin folders from the RAM but the damned coins just keep falling out. The folders are designed pretty poorly.

Am I doing something wrong ? Or can some one suggest some better folders ? Dnt want my coins falling out in storage haha
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1152 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  04:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karabeep, do you have a photo or link to the folders that you are referring to?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1282 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I personally would use either coin capsules or 2x2 flips.

I hope the folders don't cost more than the coins....
Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Karabeep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hi Karabeep, do you have a photo or link to the folders that you are referring to?

heres the links to the folder and the $2 sleeve.

https://eshop.ramint.gov.au/ram-coin-album

https://eshop.ramint.gov.au/coin-al...-pages-size3

Quote:
I personally would use either coin capsules or 2x2 flips.

I hope the folders don't cost more than the coins....

i was thinking about coin capsules but I want to try collect a full set and dnt wanna have a load of loose capsules lying around
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1152 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Am I doing something wrong ? Or can some one suggest some better folders ?

With the type of folder that you have linked, depending on how tightly the size of the coin fits the corresponding jacket, there is always the likelihood that a coin(s) will fall out if given the opportunity.

Lighthouse do provide a storage system called Numis that stops this from happening by having an inner sleeve that the coins go into which in turn slides into an outer sleeve.
https://www.onlinecoinsandcollectab...album-system

The downside I find though is that the sheets aren't standard size so they don't hold as many coins and the matching albums covers for them are quite expensive. You can do though as I have done and store the sleeves in a standard 3-ring folder.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
2086 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  04:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use saflips with sheets - the coins might fall out by the 2x2 saflip makes it unlikely.

The stuff that the mint sells might be PVC too which is bad for coins. I use stuff from https://www.thepurplepenny.com/coin...accessories/ which I assume is more expensive but is good stuff.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 401Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: