Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Member Introduction!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 891Next Topic  

United States
18 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  6:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dimeanique78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, I am Dimeanique78 from Southern Indiana. I am not even a week into coins and the many different varieties and errors on the miniature scenes and busts. I am fascinated to say the least! I am so excited to have found this forum and the knowledge it offers compiled by its members. All of it priceless and offered for free! Thank you! At this moment I don't necessarily collect any certain coin but am leaning heavily towards the Roosevelt dimes. My Papaw had a love for dimes too!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48409 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Feel free to look around our great site.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2546 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, glad to have you in this fantastic hobby!! Just remember, knowledge is the #1 thing in numismatics. It will help prevent you from getting burned, will allow you to cherrypick rare varieties, and will give you the confidence to grow you collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
703 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Dimeanique78, I'm sure you will find plenty of information browsing this forum, and its about time someone gave some love to the Roosevelt dime! They're small and unassuming, but dimes have been an important part of the
U.S. money system since 1796. The Mercury-head and Roosevelt dimes are extremely popular with new collectors, while the older (pre-1916) series offer plenty of challenges for the advanced collector. The Roosevelt dimes also are usually easier to find in pocket change, coin shops, and online. You can pick up a complete date and mintmark set of Uncirculated and proof examples of Roosevelt dimes for low amounts or start to build your own sets and upgrade them as you go. Of course you may change your mind as you learn!

Draped Bust (1796-1807)
Capped Bust (1809-1837)
Seated Liberty (1837-1891)
Barber (1892-1916) The Barber dime series is home to the 1894-S, one of the rarest and most expensive U.S. coins, which costs $1.5 million or more for a nice one.
Mercury head (1916-1945) The most important area includes the bands in the very center of the coin. If these horizontal bands are completely separated, the coin earns the coveted full bands designation and is, therefore, worth a premium
Roosevelt head (1946-present)
Edited by datadragon
08/11/2022 9:16 pm
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeTime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
11502 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
from England!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5087 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
665 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
from Australia!
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
23893 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2022  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 891Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: