Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 D Lincoln Shield Cent Reverse Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 350Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
215 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  7:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this considered doubling on the reverse?

Edited by Decaf94drew
08/14/2022 12:18 am
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeTime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it's me, but that looks like a shadin the photo.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46438 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  05:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice close ups.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
386 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its quite possible because doubling has already been found and attributed already above the vertical stripes on the shield for the 2021-d. I havent kept up with the 2020+ coin errors and varieties yet but this one is not yet shown on the two sites below. You may be able to have it attributed as a potential new find if you wish unless its determined that it shouldnt be by others.
https://www.doubleddie.com/402401.html

2021-D known doubled die:
http://varietyvista.com/01e%20LC%20...202021-D.htm
https://www.doubleddie.com/2587137.html
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59516 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd save it for now. What I don't see on these dies is doubling on the other raised devices? Also the incuse EPU should also be affected as well. (reducing the sizes of the devices. I feel this could be die polishing that altered these areas, but no one is listing these yet? (as far as I know anyway) So if it turns out it is hub doubling, you will have saved it and don't have to kick yourself later because you threw it back. So I say the jury is still out on this one so far.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10945 Posts
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. Also the incuse EPU should also be affected as well. (reducing the sizes of the devices. I feel this could be die polishing that altered these areas, but no one is listing these yet?

The incuse EPU won't be affected like the Philly ddrs are (that's just how it is) Interesting hadn't thought about the die polishing thing.
I've seen this listed and will be on wexlers eventually I've got a friend who has 3 attributes. Considering I've found a good amount of different ones same spot some on top calling it a DDR.
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm also trying to come across this one I like how it looks.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 350Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: