Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 P LMC Lincoln Memorial Cent Penny DDR-001

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 465Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
579 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2022  10:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone.
I've had this set of Lincoln Cent Variety for quite sometime now, but because I invested in a new usb microscope, I decided to take another look at all of my coins....Is it me, or maybe I'm seeing things.
Is this DDR-001?
Your comments are always appreciated.

Edited by Believe7
08/21/2022 11:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3656 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me I do not see same as VV post. Could be another? yes could be. I will follow.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47430 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  04:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like MD to me. You need to back off a bit on your close ups.Take your pics the same way they are presented on VVs' site.http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20...2PDDR001.htm
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
579 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silviosi, John1...Here are a few more images, and in your opinion, should I send it to Wexler?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60401 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United is showing heavy die polishing. (Probably there was an issue with a die dent on the rim area, thus the polishing affected the over all size of the devices.

Seen this before on proof dies:

Business strikes:

The removal of the fields on that outside edge of the die, makes the bottom (wider area of the devices) thinner on the polished area. Possibly one die was dropped onto another die, damaging the outside edge of the dies fields:

Hitting the fields between the outside edge of the die face and the gutter. This damage would have left a raised area on the coins struck with that die:

It is a rescue issue for the die, but seems like the weakening of the devices would out weight the altering of the devices to me?

CoopHome: Why do they polish dies? rescue effort to continue using a die
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
579 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coop, and with that been said, my coin has this sort of mushy details, hard to take good images added insult to injury.
Thank you!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47430 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Believe7,
Do not send in,it is not a doubled die.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
579 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@John1...But soo close of being one, a DDR.
Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2189 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is no misidentification of 001, It is a very big spread. The ONE and motto is the pick-up points.
Pillar of the Community
United States
579 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2022  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Cujohn......I placed this coin in a flip, because it will be the one that burned my pupils out.(smile).
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 465Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: