Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Grade Would I Get If I Sent In 1981 Australian 5 Cent Die Clash

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,302Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  01:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

If I submitted this coin to PCGS which grade would I probably get.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  05:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  05:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  05:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  05:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really thinking of getting this one graded any opinions on what grade it will get from PCGS.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75215 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please take it out of the holder and shoot us some new pics.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok will do
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Australia
364 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a nice looking clash on the obverse, but I think the reverse lets it down a bit. I probably wouldn't worry about getting it done myself.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1198 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Really thinking of getting this one graded any opinions on what grade it will get from PCGS.

I'll leave the grading to the experts ... wondering though, how much will it cost to have it graded?
Valued Member
Australia
220 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crab eater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good find Allcoinage, hope to find one like that someday.
If you wish to grade it through PCGS it will cost $65 to grade a Mint Error coin plus $10 Handling Fee and $15 Return Shipping.
This is in USD dollars also.
It will take at least 4 months to grade an error coin, probably longer.
Do not quote these figures ,i have a form I am reading off.
There is a slight die clash on the reverse of your coin too.
The back of the Queens head shows in an interupted line between front right claws.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks crabeater you have had some good ones-(error coins) too.
Also thanks for pointing out reverse clash. I wonder how many die clashes that have been graded for this 1981 error.
If none are on list then I will send in just to give me knowledge on next one I find.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Think I will send the 2021 die clash as well but it's not as promising than the 1981 coin but 2021 would definitely make Ms grade
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a few promising ones but I'm abit busy atm.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
677 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2022  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a better shot AC. Good pickup on the reverse clash CE.
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Valued Member
Australia
364 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2022  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look forward to seeing the results if you decide to send them in, good luck with the submissions.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,302Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: