Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1897 US Morgan Silver Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 363Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  3:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mt Airy Ed to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, again.

I have this Silver Dollar, probably for close to 60 years. I have a few others but this has the best condition.
Worth?

Thanks!
Ed

Bedrock of the Community
United States
46485 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You posted in the wrong section. I have PMed the mods to move your post.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
09/20/2022 5:08 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71607 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Common date, low AU condition. Price will vary with silver values.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8048 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
again

You have a common date/mint coin that is in circulated condition - albeit generally well preserved. We call it AU for About Uncirculated.

The value of your coin generally follows the spot price for silver - with perhaps a slight nudge for numismatic premium given this is indeed an impressive large silver coin from the 1800's.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If this coin were graded by NGC and came back in the AU range of grading, its value once placed in the graded holder would be around $42-52 if you check the link below, but you would have to spend some to grade it so many try to only send in the ones with higher value potential in hope that it grades into a higher condition. In Mint State conditions the price varies from $65 up to $7,000 for the best graded example of this particular year so condition has a lot to do with value. Some see only the 7,000 and dont realize its only the very top condition that has that value, not a circulated low grade example. Otherwise ungraded you can check ebay sold listings to see what current value they are going for and also it will always have a base value due to the silver content which will fluctuate. https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide.../dollars/49/ Note that each year is different and there are even some which may have high value even without being top condition.
Edited by datadragon
09/20/2022 11:24 pm
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mt Airy Ed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, all!
Valued Member
United States
210 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a very nice and original mid AU Morgan. I would expect it to sell for $40 to $50 on eBay with that original toning. It's a nice coin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 363Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: