Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2022 Gold Buffalo Question.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 506Next Topic  
Valued Member

Italy
470 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  10:42 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Roma2021 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I know little about U.S. bullion. I also see and handle very little of it in Rome.

This 2022 gold buffalo is in a local jewelry shop and priced around 1830 +/- 20... So about $1780.

The premium is a bit higher than other gold coins in the shop of similar weights,.etc.

Is the premium on the 2022 because this is the year of issue? Is 2022 projected to be a lower mintage? Any thoughts would be appreciated as I navigate u.s. bullion from overseas.

Pillar of the Community
United States
699 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is bullion, mintage numbers are not that important in my opinion. I don't think the US Mint has announced final mintage numbers for these. You can go to the production page of the US Mint to see how many they have made so far this year. The US Mint will soon be switching to make the 2023s if they haven't already.

Premiums for the buffaloes are more than for the gold eagles. The US Mint makes a lot more gold eagles than buffaloes I assume because of popularity. 1 ounce buffaloes are .999 gold, the 1 oz gold eagles are about .91% gold, both have one full ounce of gold. If you go to ebay sold listings you can see how much they are going for currently.

I have a couple of these, I like them.
Edited by livingwater
09/25/2022 11:24 am
Valued Member
Italy
470 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roma2021 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@livingwater... Thanks. That's about what I knew and you've confirmed for me my thinking. Last year, when in the U.S. I noticed some attention to mintage numbers in their AGEs but I haven't handled a buffalo before. Thanks again.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73559 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They're handsome coins for sure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  05:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cointagous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the current production numbers..

Valued Member
Italy
470 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roma2021 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @coin...I sold some sovereigns and may get this buffalo and a maple ...north American gold is hard-ish to find here.
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windmiller to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you will find the premiums for US Silver Eagles, Gold Eagles, and Buffalos to be a bit higher than for other forms of the same bullion. The premium you quote is a little higher than I would have to pay in the USA. I expect gold to continue to decline as long as the dollar advances. In my opinion, better to hold currency in dollars now until the dollar ends its run. I do think AU will rapidly appreciate in the not too distant future.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 506Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: