Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1918 Lincoln Wheat Cent With Pluribus In The Bottom Of Obverse?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 486Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
514 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  5:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I don't know how this could happen? The word pluribus on obverse seems to be located on the bottom underneath the shoulder of Lincoln. Not complete but enough to discern.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3847 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it might be a tilted die clash, very cool! Haven't seen one of these on a Wheat cent before.

You can also see the clash mark on the reverse with the line through PLURIBUS.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2413 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jessvc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a neat looking coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
74977 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree strong die clash, first like this I've seen as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
514 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. I didn't consider die clash. Makes sense though
Pillar of the Community
United States
514 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I was thinking for it to be a clash that it would have to be inverted lettering? Upside down?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4194 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes TIPPY rotated clash. I agree with others on. I will send to MAD for attribution and analyze. For 4 $ is worth to know exact.
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vipes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a neat coin. Cool find.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nycstlrr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking coin!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13786 Posts
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigwho808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a cool looking coin. Congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2328 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
great coin, makes me want to pull out my 1918 cents to look for similar

if you check your Prez dollar coins and ever find a clash on Tyler too, we want to know
Pillar of the Community
United States
514 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha! Will do!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2272 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of the best that I have seen !
I found a minor one on a 1916 wheat. Coppercoins 1928P-1DO-001 is also a tilted die clash. I have one from the 1930's though I would have to dig around to find it. 1954 and 55 had a few from each date.
I will have to keep an eye out for 1918 as the OP's is a super example !
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 486Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: