Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Error On Holiday Gifts - 5 Oz. Pure Silver Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 616Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
303 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2022  3:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just received this coin: 5 oz. Pure Silver Coin - Holiday Gifts.

I'm disappointed. Because the two 3D elements: Santa Claus and elves seem made of plastic, instead of sterling silver as RCM advertises.

More importantly, the three elves are facing towards the Santa, instead of the audience (me). On RCM website, the three elves are facing towards the audience.

Is this an error coin? Or is this a coin with poor quality?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8490 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2022  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Santa Claus and elves seem made of plastic, instead of sterling silver as RCM advertises.

Comparing images (yours vs. Mint's), my eyes see the same thing - of course, I can't say what they look like "in person."

Quote:
the three elves are facing towards the Santa, instead of the audience

I would call the Mint and ask them about it.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Canada
29 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add applesauced to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Odd.

Description is "cast in sterling silver". Can sterling silver be a matte finish? The first two images on the website "look" like yours.

The first two images on the Mint website show the Elves facing inwards, then the next image has them facing outwards. The video also shows them facing outwards.

The Mint brochure has the Elves facing outwards.

Edited by applesauced
11/22/2022 12:46 pm
Valued Member
Canada
303 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first two images on the Mint website were only updated today. Before today, they were showing silver elves facing outwards, like being advertised everywhere.

My initial disappointment was caused by the significant difference between the advertised product and the real product. I'm glad RCM has updated some of the images.

Finally, I just saw a video of this product. It looked exactly like mine:
aMQ1eaxVCu4

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8490 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can sterling silver be a matte finish?

Yes. It's just a matter of how it is struck/cast/produced.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1321 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The original pictures still appear on Canada Post's website https://store.canadapost-postescana...y-gifts-2022

Valued Member
Canada
303 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2022  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just realized RCM changed the pictures again. Now all pictures feature the three elves facing outwards .

It's getting so confusing. If anyone owns this coin, can you please tell me if your elves are facing inwards or outwards?
Edited by YesOrNo
11/25/2022 9:08 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
651 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2022  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just realized RCM changed the pictures again. Now all pictures feature the three elves facing outwards .

It's getting so confusing. If anyone owns this coin, can you please tell me if your elves are facing inwards or outwards?

I just received my coin and am sending it right back. It looks like a piece of poop. By the way, the elves are facing inwards.

What was the RCM thinking? What a way to destroy the series.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 616Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: